I lost my Julia

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
sjs40

Re : I lost my Julia

Postby sjs40 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 02:41 pm

Pam I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. My Ellie was born at 27wks 1lb 4oz and lived for 27 days. I had a nuchal scan at 12 wks with a 1 in 58 risk of downs syndrome. We chose not to have further tests. Ellie did have downs syndrome. It is scary how similar some of our stories are.

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Thu Oct 05, 2006 04:43 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Like the other's have said, we are all here for you. Please feel free to vent. I'm sorry you have to be part of this group.

1stlost

Postby 1stlost » Thu Oct 05, 2006 01:13 pm

I understand how you feel because I just recently in June lost Adarreus due to severe preeclampsia. I went to my last scheduled appt. on May 24th 2006, and on June 7th 2006 he was gone, after going to the Medicine Center as a walk-in for an headache. The most precious being who grew with me for 7mos going on eight was now gone. Till this day its still a shock because I can't believe its real Jr. was my first and my little man, the little man that I had prayed for since I was old enough to decide about having kids. Me and my Fiance had been trying to have kids for a year after being told I might couldn't bare children because I was on Depo for too long. It was a dream come true to be having a child and it being the son you prayed for, But then a nightmare to have Adarreus taking away but, I still had my son.?Huh[:)]? Thanks for letting me vent I needed to get some of this off. I'll mention you and Julia in my prayers.[:)] quote:Originally posted by pbordon33

I would like to share my story. My bout with preeclampsia I believe began at 16 weeks when I took the triple screen test. My results gave me a 1:10 chance of having a baby with downs syndrome. Needless to say me and my husband were devastated. I went ahead and had a level II u/s and amniocentesis. To our suprise the u/s showed no signs of downs syndrome and the amnio was negative for any genetic defects. I was thrilled. Then at my 21 week appt my blood pressure was a little high and I was referred to a perinatologist. Over the next few weeks I was started on procardia and labetolol and put on bedrest as my bp continued to increase. At my 25 wk appt an u/s was done and showed that my little girl was 3 weeks behind in size. I was admitted to the L&D unit and given steroids to help mature my babies lungs and was told I was not leaving the hospital until I delivered. I was devastated.
I was then started on magnesium sulfate IV to prevent seizures and additional bp meds to control my bp. None of them worked. Up until this point all my blood work had been okay and I only had minimal protein in my urine. By monday, five days after I was admitted everything went to *. My liver enzymes went through the roof, i had 6 gms of protein in my urine, and my little julia was having frequent drops in her heartrate. Although I had only just made the 26 week mark, they made the decision to deliver my baby.
Little Julia weighed only 1 lb 2 oz at birth. She had a difficult first two days, but seemed to become more stable. Then 8 days after she took a turn for the worse. An u/s of the head revealed a grade IV intraventricular hemorrhage. The doctor gave her a very poor prognosis and she passed at 10 days old. My emotions teeter between sadness at losing my little angel and anger at that **** disease that took my Julia's life. I do feel fortunate that I got to be her mommy for those precious 10 days. I will always love my little girl. Thank you for letting me vent everyone.
Pam-Julia's mommy

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 07:22 pm

Hi Pam,
I'm so very sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family. It is just another example of this horrible disease impacting so heavily on such prescious lives.
Take care, Lucy XX

tlovele

Postby tlovele » Wed Oct 04, 2006 04:30 pm

My story is similar to yours, so I can relate. My triple screen test showed a chance for trisomy 18, and when I had my extensive ultrasound, they found nothing. So I thought I was in the clear, and at all my appointments my blood pressure was fine. I also had my symptoms come on very quickly, high blood pressure, and protein in the urine. It actually happened in between my two-week check up. Do be glad that you had a little time with Julia, would give anything to have had the opportunity for my son to at least live for a little while so he could meet his family that cared so much. Unfortunately he was stillborn, so we didn't have that chance. Hold on to the memories you had of Julia for those 10 days!

kat

Postby kat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:39 am

Pam,
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so heartbreaking to welcome another grieving mom. Up until two months ago I had no idea that so many women have suffered the same horrific loss. The women of this forum are so wonderful and supportive. Your loss is very new, and I'm sure your emotions are so overwhelming and painful. Feel free to share and vent as often as you like. you are not alone.

daltonsmommy

Postby daltonsmommy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:14 am

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little angel. Just know there are a lot of wonderful people on this board. I too lost my angel after a nineteen day fight. He was born at 29 weeks but only the size of a 24 weeker. Hugs
Charity

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 09:18 pm

Pam,

I am sorry for the loss of your sweet little Julia. You have found a very supportive, understanding and wonderful forum with the greatest ladies ever. Please come here as often as you need. We understand your pain all too well and will be here for you whenever you need us. Take care and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

jodlb

Postby jodlb » Mon Sep 25, 2006 01:11 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:03 pm

Pam, I am so sorry for your loss of your daughter Julia. Please email me if you need someone to talk to.
Barbara

Return to “Grief and Loss”