Join me in Davenport!!

Join me in Davenport!!

Postby annegarrett » Thu Apr 19, 2007 06:13 pm

I am pleased to say that John and Brenda Warner have invited me to join them in Iowa for the Davenport Walkathon so I am heading out!!

I would love to meet all our Iowa friends. If you can get yourself to Davenport, bring your friends, your family, your DHs, your babies. I would just love to be able to put a face to a name. Please come.

As some of you may know, my dad and mom were 5th generation Iowans and I spent many a summer in Waterloo with my grandmother or in Toledo on my granddad's farm. My dad, stepmom, aunt, brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew live in Des Moines (My niece--who is amazing and brilliant--is at the University of Iowa). So it's great to get to see family and walk for this important cause.

Please join me in celebrating Shelly Bridgewater's life, remember her and celebrate her beautiful daughter Hailey. (John--correct me if I got that spelled wrong!)

You've got to come!!! I'm counting on it!

See you all soon!
annegarrett

Re : Join me in Davenport!!

Postby kara » Thu Apr 19, 2007 06:21 pm

Dang IT! I would SOOO be there (an Iowan myself) if I weren't chairing the walk in Madison, WI! I'm so bummed to miss you when you are going to be so close! I have family there as well, and can't wait to meet John and Brenda.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 am

what is the date of the walk again??
mada

Postby raspbeari » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:25 am

I used to live in Iowa City for many years. When is the walk again? I am playing around with the idea of driving back and visiting friends there and maybe making it to the walk?

raspbeari

Postby mada » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:36 am

Okay, I see it's may 12th...at what time? I serioulsy think I am going to come..it's like a 3 hour drive but whatever....naybe I will get a hotel the night before.....also, I will need directions..I will be coming from I-80, from Il. Thanks guys!!!
mada

Postby annegarrett » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:35 pm

I would SO love to meet you Mada!!!! :)
annegarrett

Postby lalam17 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 09:52 pm

Is there somewhere where all the info about the walk is posted? Do we need to register? Sorry if I'm the dummy who looked right at it and missed it. I know it is in Davenport on May 12th, but that's it. I think I have been getting emails, but they are all gargled and it isn't possible to read them. Thanks.
lalam17

Postby shellysmomdad » Sun Apr 22, 2007 02:09 pm

Anyone needing more info. for the Davenport Walk, please contact me.
Also learned yesterday that we may possibly have more "dignitaries" at our event, in addition to Anne. Waiting for confirmation :)

John
shellysmomdad

Return to Iowa