New mom of a preemie

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
sarah0381

Re : New mom of a preemie

Postby sarah0381 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 02:42 am

I'm glad to hear things are going good!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!! Hang in there and please keep us updated!!

patty

Postby patty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 05:49 pm

Glad to hear the good update. I hope the antibiotics continue to work for her.

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 am

Things are going alright. As of now the doctors don't think she will need surgery (but are still watching her very closely), they believe the antibiotics are working for her. They said she'll be on them for about a week and then they will possibly try feeding again...I'm still a nervous wreck...but right now things seem to be going alright. Thanks for thinking of us!

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Chelsea that is normal, my daughter oxygen level use to drop all the time. My daughter got very sick after the two week period and caught MRSA and was given 24 hrs. Remember that she is a preemie and thats what she will go through for the next few weeks. You will see she will get better. I have her on my thoughts and prayers.

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 pm

How are things going??? I've been thinking of you and your baby!!!! I pray things are going good!!!

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Oh, also forgot to mention that she was put back on the vent yesterday before they transported her to the other hospital...settings are pretty low. And the ultrasound on her stomach did show a little bit of free air still, but they were not too concerned because she still has the drains in and her belly felt soft.

I also have a question for anyone who had a child on the vent...is it normal to have Dsat's while they're on the vent???? Her vent settings are at 30% oxygen...the nurse who came over when the alarm was going off said it was because she kept moving around a lot...not sure why that would cause that...? I've never actually seen that happen to her before so it kind of freaked me out because it happened twice in the couple hours I was there.

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Thank you! No surgery as of now, they have her on another antibiotic and she still has the drains in. They did an ultrasound of her belly/intestines and said they looked ok...they didn't see any "bubbles" or air pockets in the intestine...so that is a good sign. They also said she looked better than yesterday, but also said she still critical and we are not out of the woods. I just want her to get better =/ I feel like I'm walking around with a knot in my stomach all the time. I just feel so bad that this had to happen to her and I wish I could do something to help her.

patty

Postby patty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 09:22 am

Hang in there I know how scary and hard it is ((hugs)). I replied your other thread too. Hopefully she won't need surgery and will heal with just the meds. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Mon Sep 13, 2010 05:29 pm

Grr, well they ended up not doing the surgery. Apparently the person who called me saying they were going to do it had their wires crossed...so they did transfer her to the Children's Hospital down the street, but no surgery as of now. They wanted her there so she can be monitored more closely and already be settled there if they decide to go the surgery. I feel like they don't know exactley what's wrong or how to proceed, which is scaring me. Her PDA is also causing problems...not urgent as of now, but yet another thing she needs to fight :(

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 02:30 pm

Hopefully this surgery is just one more step to the beginning of her getting better and recovering. Hoping and praying that she is ok through all of this and also that you will have the strength to see her through this. Again, please let us know if you absolutely need anything.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”