Had HELLP once, 1 Born prem. Now Twins!

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Had HELLP once, 1 Born prem. Now Twins!

Postby conniemoo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 06:35 pm

Hi all.
Quick story as myself and my partner are in a state of dis-something.
We so far have 1 daughter. Now 17 1/2 months old after being born 10 weeks early due to HELLP and a very nearly fatal bearth. After coming out at a meer 1Lb 7Oz She spent 8 weeks in NICU and finally came home @ 3Lb 12Oz.
We have now found out that my partner is 7weeks pregnent with twins and have the obvious worries for the healh of my partner and that of the twins etc..
Is there anyone that has been in the same or simulare situation that could offer some help or advice as we really need to put our minds at rest and keep us in check for the future.
With thanx. ALnJU.
conniemoo

Re : Had HELLP once, 1 Born prem. Now Twins!

Postby fiona » Mon Dec 08, 2008 07:05 pm

Hello and welcome. I know you are going to get some excellent information from the forum. Many of us have gone on to further pregnancies after extremely difficult first births. I am so glad your daughter is doing well.

I just wanted to let you know that we read across the forums here, so there is no need for x-posting. To make sure your responses are all kept together, I'm going to lock this thread - as I know you will get more traffic in Pregnant Again.

Anyone wishing to respond please use this thread:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32241
fiona
Forum Moderator

Return to Dads