Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hi!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Hi!

Postby jayme » Thu May 13, 2010 01:18 pm

by jayme (139 Posts), Thu May 13, 2010 01:18 pm

It's been awhile... but I wanted to drop in and see what everyone's been up to lately. This board will always hold a special place in my heart :)

Ryan and Dylan will be 11 months old tomorrow! I can't believe they're almost one- wow. I don't think I ever actually thought I'd get to keep them during my pregnancy until they were finally here. I look at them now and I am amazed I did it, that my body cooperated long enough. I think back to when we found out it was twins and the MFM telling me I should do selective reduction and that I'd be lucky to make it to 22 weeks...

Anyway, they are doing wonderful! Ryan (I don't know if you remember, but he was diagnosed with cancer- retinoblastoma- at 4 months) finished his last round of chemo recently and his follow up MRI looked great- tumors are 'shriveled up and dead' according to his oncologist. He has regained more vision than we dared to dream, and still will see the ophthalmologist for the laser treatments of the scars from the tumors. She's been using the lasers to burn them off.

Now that he's done with chemo, he's feeling so much better and catching up with his brother- finally sitting up, trying to crawl, pulling up... OMG I'm going to have TWO mobile babies very soon. Scary! LOL

We're doing our local March of Dimes walk on Saturday. I am so excited to finally be able to raise money after all these years of having preemies- I was always pregnant again or my husband was deployed and I didn't want to go it alone.

The anniversaries of Raime & Connor's stillbirths were last month- I find it gets easier through the years with those two. Elora's is harder, but I think that's because she lived for so long and we really thought she was coming home.

I have TONS of pictures of the twins and my other kids in my blog (link in my siggy) if you want to see how huge they've gotten. BIG difference from the 3 and 4 pounders they were at birth!

Thanks for listening to my rambling update! I'm off to read about how you all are doing :)
jayme

Re : Hi!

Postby sonja » Thu May 13, 2010 02:05 pm

by sonja (5658 Posts), Thu May 13, 2010 02:05 pm

I am so glad that you and your family are doing so well.

Best wishes for the walk - it should be an amazing experience.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Fri May 14, 2010 07:29 am

by mnmom (1419 Posts), Fri May 14, 2010 07:29 am

What a great update. I am off to your blog to see the pictures!
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby joker » Fri May 14, 2010 11:56 am

by joker (1212 Posts), Fri May 14, 2010 11:56 am

That is wonderful that everyone is doing so well, and yay for Ryan being cancer free!!
joker

Return to After your baby is born .....