Time to introduce myself:-)

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Time to introduce myself:-)

Postby suusag » Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:27 am

Hello,
I have been gaining strength from these forums for months and months now and I thought I should introduce myself. I was diagnosed with PE at 33 weeks and put on bed rest. I also developed gestational diabetes at the same time. I manged to stay pregnant until 39 and a half weeks. I was then induced and after a long labor had a c-section. I had a beautiful boy Oliver on Jan. 18 2009. His sugars crashed due to the diabetes so he spent one night in the nicu. My recovery from the c-section was challenging. Our first night home I was awoken with massive heart palpitations. My husband took my bp (now an expert!) It was threw the roof. I was rushed to the hospital. They ran many tests and found nothing. I saw the doc a few days later and she found my bp to be be sky high as well. She put me on adalat. I stayed on the meds for the next 6 months. I have since been clear of diabetes and my bp is back to normal. My son is a beautiful 14 month old. I am really hoping we can try for another baby in a year or so. I am working on loosing weight and getting into shape. I figure the stronger the better before trying again. I still find that i am emotionally effected by the whole experience. I am just so thankful to have a place to read others stories and hear that some of you have been able to have a second child. Thanks for sharing and providing support for so many.
suusag

Re : Time to introduce myself:-)

Postby mnmom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 06:40 am

Welcome!!
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 am

Welcome - this is a great place to read around. It is nice to know that you weren't the only one who had a less than perfect pregnancy, which is what it can feel like sometimes. When we planned our pregnancy after pre-e it really helped me to have a great OB to work with - I needed to have someone that I really trusted and someone that would be proactive.

Best wishes to you.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Apr 13, 2010 01:21 pm

Welcome and congrats on the birth of your son.
sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 01:52 pm

WELCOME!
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby jend01 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:47 pm

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome :) It really is great to be able to talk to others who have had similar experiences. I find this a great form of therapy :)
jend01

Postby wrennie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 pm

hello! bummer you werent posting on the forums on bedrest, I was on bedrest in the hospital the same time frame!!! Welcome to the club, maybe ill see you on the pregnancy board soon....im developing my begging plan, its gonna take me a while!
wrennie

Postby season » Thu Apr 15, 2010 01:55 pm

I'm glad you found your way here.

I can definitely say that one of the effects of pre-eclampsia is emotional and it is often takes the longest to heal. This forum can provide a place to process our experiences and to just not feel alone.

It's great that you are working on losing weight and getting in shape. It feels great to take charge of our bodies, esp. after our bodies have gone through so much that was out of our control.
season
Forum Moderator

Postby joker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 04:44 pm

Welcome!
joker

Postby suusag » Mon Apr 26, 2010 01:12 am

Thank you all for your kind welcomes!
suusag

Next

Return to After your baby is born .....