New/Reply FAQ Members Login

I've got the fever

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

I've got the fever

Postby joker » Mon Feb 01, 2010 01:12 pm

Baby fever that is...and it is not good!

I cannot stop thinking about having another baby. We can't even consider it right now (if ever). I was diagnosed diabetic in Nov. 09 and I am back on the insulin and we are trying to regulate my BG numbers and I'll probably get an insulin pump in the next month. I had GD during my pg with Alison and it basically never resolved. Did find out that I carry an antibody that makes me more likely to develop diabetes, but the pg just triggered it into action. It totally sucks, but that is a whole nother post. ;) My liver enzymes are still elevated and they don't know why. Pretty soon they are going to send me for a liver biopsy if they don't go down.

Health wise, having another baby is probably not a good idea (at least not for awhile, but I'm not getting any younger!)But I can't help thinking about it. It totally scares me to think of getting pg again, moreso than when I was trying to get pg after losing Abby. I think I just have more to consider now. I don't know. Sorry for the long rambling post, but I think out of everyone, you ladies will understand the most. Pretty much everyone IRL assumes we are done so I don't really want to talk to my friends about it since they all say "seriously, you want to get pg again? why?"...um, why did you want to keep having kids. Grrr...wow. this is long.
joker

Re : I've got the fever

Postby jayme » Mon Feb 01, 2010 09:51 pm

I know that feeling all too well. So far I've avoided it, which is good since our intention is to be done LOL
jayme

Postby mnmom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 06:29 am

Jen, many hugs. I think many of us know that feeling well. You are not that old!! :) Focus on your health first, though. I do have to admit, there is something to be said about no diapers, no diaper bag, dry shirts, full nights of sleep and enjoying life with my "big" kids. But deep down, that babylove never really goes away.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby brianned5 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 07:30 am

I got pregnant again less than 6 months after having Kylie, my BP issues never resolved. Despite all the worries I love being pregnant and would like to have as many as the doctors tell me are safe, but I know I have to get my BP under control first. I think I could have 6 kids and still want another baby. I don't know if the baby fever will ever go away.
brianned5

Postby rebeccac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:34 pm

You are not old...having kids just makes you "feel" old, LOL! I know the baby fever feeling too. Mine has pretty much gone away (if it does cross my mind it goes as quickly as it came).

F.Y.I., I had an insulin pump during my pregnancy (and kept it for 3 years total). My numbers were FANTASTIC because of it. If that is what you are going for, I wish you all the best!
rebeccac

Postby susheli » Wed Feb 03, 2010 08:40 am

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))), Jen. It's so tough. PE takes from so many of us the chance to have the families we long for ... it's terribly unfair. And so tough when others don't understand what it's like not to be able to give way to baby fever without huge worries, not to be able to dream these dreams without asking a million questions ...
I hope you're health issues resolve/stabilize enough very soon for you to be able to discuss a possible preganncy with your doctors.
xoxo Sush
susheli

Return to After your baby is born .....