Hey ladies!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Hey ladies!

Postby suleaf » Thu Jul 22, 2010 09:09 pm

I miss you all!!!!
Samar is 15 months and we went off to the dr.

The concern for his milestones is gone but that boy still refuses to walk. I don't think he will ever walk. I think he plans to be carried until he is 30. We will have to get specially made strollers.

He's started to add to words though- finally- and he is pulling up on the couch- finally.

He has all 16 teeth. Yup. Since 13 months. He looks like a little baby shark.

He's the joy of my life. I battled through so much to have him, went through his acid reflux, his colic, his miserable winter.... and now at 15 months he's the first thing on my mind in the morning.

It's hard- working full time, taking care of him- but he's so much fun too. The temper tantrums have started- I call it "tantruming out" and Quwe says "Oh my God he's lost total control over his emotions".... ha ha ha.

I also have an 8 month old little nephew which is pretty great too and they are starting to love and befriend each other now. It's a fun thing to watch.

Soooooo how are all of you????

I am enjoying my summer vacation. I did get diagnosed with Menieres.... and am managing.... and rethinking not having a second kid... I want one but I am 36 now. Well I think I still have some time. It just means coming off the Valium when I have vertigo and htat will be hard.

I miss you all so much!
suleaf

Re : Hey ladies!

Postby rosalinda » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 am

Hey Su,

Thanks for stopping by and updating! I'm so glad Samar is doing well, and if I were him I'd want to be carried all day too :)

When Isma Jr. gets angry and throws his little fits, I always tell my husband that he's having a 'hysterical' episode :)

I can't believe how hard the sleep deprivation has been for me...I know everyone tells you that once you have kids you'll never sleep the same again, but I never thought it would be this bad. I'm a walking zombie, but taking it one day at a time. He is 6 weeks old now so hopefully soon he'll sleep for more than 3 hours at a time at night.

I'm glad to hear from you, please stop by more often.
rosalinda

Re : Hey ladies!

Postby suleaf » Fri Jul 23, 2010 06:50 pm

Hi Rosalinda! I am so glad you and the little man are well. THe sleep deprivation is truly mind numbing and awful and enough to make me say- NO MORE. But it does pass and I say this having had a bad bout of PPD for most of Samar's first 6 months.

I am so glad both our little men are here though.... it's pretty amazing isn't it?
suleaf

Return to After your baby is born .....