Fundraising Ideas

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Fundraising Ideas

Postby jjones1333 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 02:41 am

I really would like to do a fundraiser in my town, but I don't know what to do or how to go about doing it? Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
jjones1333

Re : Fundraising Ideas

Postby kara » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:34 am

Bake sales, garage sales (get your friends and family to bring their stuff over and advertise it's for charity in the paper), friends and family walk-a-thon (there are already a few people doing these in May) and that would be a great way to get your town involved.

You could do a a silent auction or raffle if you can get people to donate items to be raffled off at any of these types of fundraisers to increase the amount of money you can collect!

I'm sure others will have some great ideas too!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby jjones1333 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 01:23 pm

Bake sales sounds great. My family and I love to cook. How would a start that?
jjones1333

Postby kara » Fri Apr 25, 2008 04:40 pm

Pick a location for your bake sale. Perhaps a street fair, at churches/schools, somewhere where lots of people will be. Call the Home office to get some Signs and Symptom brochures or other handouts, maybe even a banner to hang up. Bake your hearts out. Advertise to all your friends and family and ask them to advertise to their friends and family, and voila! :-)
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby lgw » Fri Apr 25, 2008 05:17 pm

Hey Jenette:
I've notified our executive director and fund-raising coordinator of your interest and one of them will be in touch. I'm sorry to have to welcome you to our forum, but I'm glad you found us.
Leslie
lgw

Postby Dawn D » Fri Apr 25, 2008 06:29 pm

Hi Jenette, Kara has already offered you some good direction, and as Leslie mentioned you may also hear from our exec. dir. on some of the new FUN fundraising ideas that will be introduced for the rest of 2008. In the meantime, I will email you directly (off the forum) to share more detail on the bake sale idea you seem to be most interested in.
We do have some standard, yet easy-to-follow, guidelines and suggestions to get you going.

A BIG THANK YOU for your willness to help the cause in this way!!
Dawn D

Postby jjones1333 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 01:45 am

Thank you all very much.
jjones1333

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange