still floaters? Is this normal?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

still floaters? Is this normal?

Postby katznkt » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 pm

My second child was born almost 4 months ago. I never did get PE this time, but was chronic. I started seeing floaters, spots and stars at 33 weeks.

Since delivery the stars and gray spots have been gone, but the floaters are everywhere. All the time. I was thinking that they would disappear. My blood pressure is still a tad high, but not too bad. It usually stays 130-140/85.

Why would I still have floaters like this? Is that normal and will it go away with more time?
katznkt

Re : still floaters? Is this normal?

Postby mnmom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 07:55 am

I would suggest an eye exam. My eyes changed a little with each pregnancy, although I only get floaters when I am extremely overtired.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby joker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:05 am

I still get floaters from time to time and like Lori said, mine seem to happen more when I am tired. I did ask my eye doc about it after she found nothing wrong with my eyes and said that it is normal for some people to get them from time to time, but I would definitely see an eye doc just to be sure.
joker

Postby caryn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 09:57 am

My opthamologist assures me that anyone over 30 who doesn't report floaters isn't paying attention -- apparently it's normal for them to appear and then increase in frequency as you age. :)

Drives me nuts, though. And if your opthamologist hasn't told you yours are normal, I'd definitely get that consult.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Wed Apr 28, 2010 08:27 pm

My GP sent me to an ophthalmologist a few months post-partum, and he told me, " those floaters are yours now." I don't notice them very often now. The technician who checked my vision told me that his wife gained a few and started to need glasses during her PE pregnancy. He and the doctor said it is tough to tell at my age (31) what we should ascribe to pregnancy and what is caused by getting older. It stinks, but it is normal.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby katznkt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 08:43 pm

Well, I am only 22 and don't think I should have a minimum of 10 floaters in my eye sight every time I look at anything. I guess I do need to get a check up anyways. *sigh* I hope they disappear or go back to normal. I am too young to be old!
katznkt

Postby kellyo19 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm

probably best to get an eye exam, make sure they dilate your eyes and look at your eyes through a microscope-type machine where you rest your chin on a ledge. It is normal to get floaters as you age, but 22 is a tad young I think.
kellyo19

Postby l412angel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:49 pm

I have some floaters...but NOTHING like I had with PE...however I think these ones that I have now...I have always had...I just pay wayyyy more attention to everything now! As I am sure we all do! But yes I would see a eye doc to make such a detached retina is not taking place!
l412angel

Re: still floaters? Is this normal?

Postby ihavechrist » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:11 am

I am having the same problem. I am 22 years old, second pregnancy, both of my pregnancies I had severe PE. However, during this last pregnancy, I began to see floaters, stars, flashing lights.... and they have never gone away. My BP is normal, 100's over 60's, and still no change. I saw an eye MD when I was pregnant, and she said that it was probably b/c my BP was fluctuating, no retinal detachment.. However, my BP is NOT fluctuating now and I still see them. You are not alone!!! If you find out how to get rid of these, please, let me know! Thanks!

Hannah
ihavechrist

Return to After your baby is born .....