Weight Loss Buddies- Starts NOW!!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re : Weight Loss Buddies- Starts NOW!!

Postby trish » Thu Nov 12, 2009 08:42 pm

Sure join in!! We will "weigh in" on Tuesdays. You just post where you are - Kara will start a thread each Tuesday!
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Nov 12, 2009 09:29 pm

And Jules, you can feel free to join in right away and then get on schedule this coming Tuesday!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby stacey0411 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Ok...I need to join in!
current 145
long term 130
short term 138
I guess I have to do portion control and make better choices. I LOVE to work out, but my DH is deployed right now and I don't have anyone to watch to girls. I can't do the gym thing with them b/c I'm a fluaphobe right now. (is that a word?)
stacey0411

Postby kara » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 pm

I do think "fluaphobe" is a word these days!!! The trainer we heard from this week was all about working out with what you have at home. Mostly large muscle excercises. She suggested squats with a milk jug, coffee can, something heavyish if you don't have weights at home. Squat down holding the object in front of you, jump up to standing and lift the object above your head, rinse and repeat to get the blood flowing and heart racing. Of course, I haven't tried it yet! ;-)
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 am

Stacey: I'm a fluaphobe too!! We actually just quit the YMCA Nov. 1 because it had been like 2-3 months since I'd been regularly (with the girls having one thing or another) & I just couldn't see taking them to the child watch area now that they were finally better!! I hope to join back up in late spring but it's home workouts for me until then. We're getting a Wii for Christmas - I hope that's as fun & the Wii Fit is as good of a workout as everyone says it is. :)
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Fluaphobia is wise! I am pretty sure we had it, and I wound up with six weeks of terrible bronchitis. Consequently, I fell off the exercise wagon. I spent this week returning to normal activity, mostly walking up the stairs at work. I am going to try for my first workout this weekend now that I can sort of function.
If you are looking for at home workouts, one of my friends suggested using Netflix to get new videos and stuff. They do get boring after a while. I am looking forward to "pilates with your baby" tomorrow.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby jend01 » Thu May 13, 2010 04:52 pm

Are the weight loss buddies still active? I need to lose some weight and since I'm already on the PF site everyday anyway, I would love to also be a part of the weight loss buddies :)

Current weight: 207 (EEKKK!!!)
Goal weight: 150
Short term goal: 197
Height: 5'2"
Strategy: 1st things 1st is getting my husband to let me have an hour to myself 2 or 3 times a week to exercise (that's the easy part) I already eat pretty well, however I will be adding more fresh fruits and vegetables. Anxiety has been an issue with my working out so I am hoping it gets better as time goes on.
jend01

Postby kara » Thu May 13, 2010 05:07 pm

Jen, I'm emailing you!
kara
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Misc