Post Reply FAQ Members Login

PA WALK-A-THN planning call this week

Re : PA WALK-A-THN planning call this week

Postby molly419 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 02:10 pm

by molly419 (990 Posts), Tue Mar 25, 2008 02:10 pm

Hi Kelly,

I am so happy that you will be heading up the walk this year! :) I enjoyed meeting you at the Harrisburg WAT.

I figured that it would be worthwhile to post a couple ideas that I had for this years WAT, so that others could view them and also encourage local members to post ideas or help.

As you remember, Dr. Repke (who is on the PF medical board) participated at the Harrisburg WAT. It would be great to get him on board again. Not only did he talk at the WAT, but he also passed out brochures at his offices and had hospital personal attend.

To round up walkers, it would be great this year if we could have a sorority from a local college participate in the walk. Does anyone have connections? Also there is a group called "Moms in Motion" that participates in non-profit walks/runs to support the cause. I know that there is a local Harrisburg/York/Lancaster group that we could approach.

I hope this helps
molly419

Re : PA WALK-A-THN planning call this week

Postby jenniferf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 05:59 am

by jenniferf (91 Posts), Thu Mar 27, 2008 05:59 am

Molly,
I was in Alpha Sigma Tau(AST) in college. One of my sorority sisters is an advisor for a chapter out in York. I'm going away for a long weekend and won't be back until Mon night so I'll touch base with her in a couple of days and see what she can do.
jenniferf

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania