New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Canada

Residents of Canada

Re : Canada

Postby pvd@cw.bc.ca » Thu Feb 07, 2008 01:42 pm

Hi ladies,

My name's Peter von Dadelszen, and I'm an obstetrician-scientist based at UBC, Vancouver, whose research passion is pre-eclampsia. I'm also a medical advisor to the Foundation.

My belief is that we can, and should, raise the profile of this dangerous condition across Canada, and am committed to doing whatever I can to doing that. This forum lists the reasons why we need to do better - too many little lives lost.
pvd@cw.bc.ca

Postby mom2angel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 08:54 pm

Are there any Canadians out there?
Do we have anyone from Ontario that would like to arrange something?

~ Feeling a little like an outsider[:)]
mom2angel

Postby pmtt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 08:58 pm

quote:
Originally posted by pvd@cw.bc.ca

Hi ladies,

My name's Peter von Dadelszen, and I'm an obstetrician-scientist based at UBC, Vancouver, whose research passion is pre-eclampsia. I'm also a medical advisor to the Foundation.

My belief is that we can, and should, raise the profile of this dangerous condition across Canada, and am committed to doing whatever I can to doing that. This forum lists the reasons why we need to do better - too many little lives lost.

I agree!! Being in Canada yourself, where do you recommend we start?
pmtt

Postby canserb3 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am

I am a dispaced Canadian whose heart will always be in Windsor, ON although I will probably live in the states for the rest of my life. I am glad to see Canada has a group. If I am ever in the area when an event is going on I will be there!!!
canserb3

Postby keegan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 08:50 pm

I'm in Kamloops, BC.
keegan

Postby fancy19 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 09:07 am

Halifax, NS !
fancy19

Postby char_ » Thu May 15, 2008 04:17 pm

I'm in vancouver (surrey)
char_

Postby bernadette » Sat Dec 20, 2008 09:01 pm

From Dartmouth N.S
I had preeclampsia!Two days after my birth I went is to a state where I couldn't pee no more!The nurses checked me every 4-5 hours to see how I was.During the second day I was cold couldn't get enough blanked to keep me warm{should have be there first sign}Last time a nuse came to see me she asked me if I was cold,told her freezing,she took my blood pressure it was 200 some thing over 100 something ,,asked her what that meant ,she only said things are going to be ok stay put don't get up she'd be right back {not really scared at this time just felt really cold}her an a few others rushed me down to ld {icu}still in my bed I knew at this point things aren't good!When I arrive down stairs the room was full of doctors an nurses,I could here them talking saying whats going on ,this isn't happening,double this,call this one an that one,pray, everything I didn't want to hear,,all the time I kept asking what is happaning with the only answer your going to be fine,just relax?Al this time a nurse or even a doctor should have come to my side an said what is happening is this an we need u to think of some thing else,or even sparked a conversation about something about the baby,family anything that would have taken the mind off of my enviroment at that time that could have relaxed me even alittle to help my body come down from the rush.I don't know !
knowing this problem is real know an not just ah your spilling protein or your blood presures up a bit,,like its just a normal thing might have prepared myself for the reality of this condition .
I ended up getting a historectomy,, til this day even as I write this my nerves are shot!I can't help thinking if I only new what I had.What should I do while this was occuring. To this day I still don't truely know what happened to me an why this continuded after birth!
I really with u first timers luck an my prayers are with you!!xoxx
To the moms having more children you are very strong women an have high respect for you!xoxo
bernadette

Postby hazaiahsmommy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:02 am

I'm Laurie, from Brantford Ontario. You'll find my story in my introduction thread.
I'm terribly sorry for everyones loss, but at the same time I'm so happy to be meeting you all. Finally people who know exactly what I'm going through. Its so hard to find people who can relate. Not to mention I'm so sick of hearing its in the past let it go!
Thanks everyone for being here, and to the Dr....please if I can do anything to help with your reseach let me know!
hazaiahsmommy

Previous

Return to Canada