Post Reply FAQ Members Login

My baby girl arrived...a month early!

My baby girl arrived...a month early!

Postby blznbec » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:48 am

I didn't escape....preeclampsia reared it's ugly head on Monday, July 28th. Until this point, I was pre-e free and feeling great. I went in for a routine check-up on Monday the 28th and had high blood pressure (1st time all pregnancy) and a swollen face. I went to the hospital for testing and was told to come back at 8:30 am on Tuesday. I never left the hospital Tuesday. Our doctor came in at 11 am and said 'we are having a baby today!'. My kidneys were not functioning properly and my blood platelet count was low and falling by the moment. So at 4:30 pm I was wheeled into the operating room.

Brynn Holland Sloan was born Tuesday, July 29th via c-section at 5:08 pm. She weighed 6lbs. 5 ozs. and was 19 inches long. Brynn was great and had zero distress and came through the delivery with flying colors. I was put on magnesium for 24 hours (pure * while conscious) and we were in the hospital for five days, only coming home late Saturday night. We are adjusting well and my son, Jacob (3 1/2), is doing really well with her and is already very helpful.

So while I thought I had escaped the dreaded pre-e and would have an amazing full-term pregnancy, pre-e was an sudden onset this time and I was in immediate danger. I made it 4 weeks and 3 days further than with my son, which is a blessing, along with a very healthy baby! No more babies for us, we are finished!

Despite having a new baby, I will begin working on the 2009 San Diego WAT in September, so let me know if you are interested in participating as a volunteer in some capacity.

Take care,
Becky
blznbec

Re : My baby girl arrived...a month early!

Postby csprenger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 03:18 pm

Congratulations on your new baby and I am sorry you had to experience PE (and Mag) again. We hav almost them story. I have 3.5 year old boy born at 29 weeks with HELLP and my second son was born 3 wks early with PE/post partum PE. I hope your adjustment to "double" parenthood goes well.
Cassie
csprenger

Postby julie f » Wed Aug 06, 2008 06:59 pm

Becky,
Congratulations!!! I am sorry that pe made an appearance again but so happy that you guys are both doing so well!!

Looking forward to seeing you at next year's walk again!
julie f

Postby for faith » Thu Aug 07, 2008 04:22 pm

Congrats on your little girl!!!! That is great you are both doing great after PE again.

Hope I can make the walk this year and would be glad to help in some way.
for faith

Postby crystalw » Thu Aug 07, 2008 09:52 pm

Congrats!
crystalw

Postby denise » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Congratulations Becky. I'm sorry to hear that PE did appear again for you, but so happy you and your darling Brynn are alright now.
denise

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:59 am

You already know I'm so happy for you but just wanted to post here. CONGRATULATIONS! And you know I'll be right there with you for the walk.
mrs.magdaleno

Postby dodson_clan_5 » Thu May 14, 2009 04:59 pm

Becky, I know I saw you Saturday, but I never had a chance to congratulate you and your darling baby girl is beautiful!
dodson_clan_5

Return to California