Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How To Organize A Walk-A-Thon

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

How To Organize A Walk-A-Thon

Postby ryansmama08 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 06:04 pm

by ryansmama08 (1 Posts), Thu Jan 15, 2009 06:04 pm

Hello,

I am new to this foundation. As a Pre-Eclampsia survivor, I feel passionate about spreading awareness.

I would like to organize a Walk-A-Thon in my area, but do not know where to begin.

Is there anyone that would be able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks:

Heather Sewell
ryansmama08

Re : How To Organize A Walk-A-Thon

Postby kara » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Heather,
Welcome to the Preeclampsia FOundation, the forums, and to Walk Organizing 101! I am the National Walk Coordinator, and I'd be happy to get your started organizing a walk. Please email me privately at Kara.Boeldt@Preeclampsia.org and we'll get you rolling!

And that goes for anyone else considering hosting a walk. We have some states with multiple walks this year, but a WHOLE lot of states without walks. The more states we can get to host a walk, the more likely we'll be able to push for "National" proclomations (e.g. the President declaring the month of May as Preeclampsia Awareness Month), and National sponsorship for funding.

It's a very easy process and we have a lot of people who are brand new to the PF hosting walks - so if you're an "old-timer" around here, it'd be even easier to host a walk. So please consider it!

Kara
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia