Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Walk for Emma and PF - Stahlstown, PA in August

Walk for Emma and PF - Stahlstown, PA in August

Postby Dawn D » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:59 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:59 pm

* posting this on behalf of the Keller Family:

Hello Everyone,

The planning is once again underway! We had a great turn out last year and were able to raise over $5,000 for the Preeclampsia Foundation with all of your help. The walk will be on Saturday, August 22nd this year (2009), the day that should have been Emma's 2nd Birthday. If anyone has any suggestions, wants to help in any way, has someone that you think might be interested in a sponsorship opportunity, etc., please do not hesitate to let us know.

You all have been so supportive of us and we can not thank you all enough!
The link to register online is http://www.preeclampsia.org/pfwat/pfwalk.asp?WID=11.

If you need help with the online registration or have any other questions, we are asking that you please correspond with us through the email address we have set up for the walk. It is walk4emma@hotmail.com.

Love & God Bless,
Ryan, Chrissy & Emma (our Angel in Glory)
Dawn D

Re : Walk for Emma and PF - Stahlstown, PA in August

Postby emmasdaddy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm

by emmasdaddy (54 Posts), Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Thank you for posting this for us. I personally delivered a number of sponsorship letters and many more will be mailed. Our first sponsor has already signed on for this year's walk.

We are really excited for this year's walk because we feel it is a great way to celebrate Emma's 2nd birthday.
emmasdaddy

Postby emmasdaddy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 02:13 pm

by emmasdaddy (54 Posts), Tue Aug 18, 2009 02:13 pm

I am so excited ... Chrissy and I interviewed with two local newspapers this morning about our walk on Saturday. Both newspapers are running articles about the 2nd Annual Emma Marie Keller Memorial/Preeclampsia Foundation Awareness Walk articles on Thursday.
emmasdaddy

Postby Dawn D » Wed Aug 19, 2009 00:42 am

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Wed Aug 19, 2009 00:42 am

Wow! that is wonderful!! Make copies of the articles and send in with your donation funds so it can be referred to as we periodically highlight local fundraisers.

It's so exciting that you guys are doing this again this year! What success you had last year...and such a moving gathering in memory of Emma. So sorry I can't actually attend - I'm set to be at another event, but will be thinking of your family. Let me know if I can be of any assistance at this point.

I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Dawn D

Postby emmasdaddy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 08:32 am

by emmasdaddy (54 Posts), Wed Aug 19, 2009 08:32 am

Last year Chrissy ran the event and I felt like I just did what I was told (like a good husband does ... LOL). This year I wanted a more active roll. She allowed me to get most of our sponsors organized and I hung all the posters this year.

I guess one of my goals is to let people know the dad is effected too. The woman is sick, the child is in danger, and the dad feels helpless. There is so much more that can be done to raise awareness of Preeclampsia and we just want to do our part in helping others. If we can educate others of the signs of Preeclampsia, we can raise a little money for research, and honor our daughter then we are EXTREMELY happy with our walk. Hopefully some education can keep someone else from losing a child, which has to be the most painful lose in the world.

I had a cousin get Preeclampsia since last year's walk ... I would like to hope she knew more about it then she would have before last year's walk.
emmasdaddy

Postby eleni » Wed Aug 19, 2009 01:45 pm

by eleni (469 Posts), Wed Aug 19, 2009 01:45 pm

Ryan - you are so right about the dads being affected. It's amazing how much that came up when our documentary was being produced -- and is referenced several times throughout it. We always say we wouldn't still be dealing with this dreadful health issue if men had uteruses, but we can still make great progress if more dads get involved and help communicate how this impacts the whole family.

Your efforts are SO appreciated! Thank you.
eleni
Site Admin

Return to Pennsylvania