Sam Jam pics and update

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
joker

Re : Sam Jam pics and update

Postby joker » Wed May 27, 2009 04:49 pm

Su, he is so cute! And good for you for realizing you are still having issues. You are doing a great job as Samar's mommy!

susheli

Postby susheli » Wed May 27, 2009 03:14 pm

Oh Su, he's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

I'm so sorry things feels harder again (((((((hugs)))))))).... please be good to yourself, it is okay to have ups and downs, even in "normal", non-sleep-deprived, non-depressed life! I've been through depression a few times in my life and that's one of the most important "lessons" I learned through it all, not to let myself down-spiral when I had bad days but to accept that feeling low sometimes is also "normal". I think our hectic, modern life all focused on constant happiness makes us forget that... while being with a baby all day long, living that slow, slow pace puts us more in touch with those deeper, emotional cycles of up and down...

Also, I've found that especially as a Mommy my low days mean I need to take time to do something for myself, that I'm "empty" and need a refill of something that makes me feel good. Something on my own or just with my DH - no baby/kids! Often a time like that - even if it is short- makes all the difference.

I hope your internist appointment goes well and I'm thinking of you, dear Su.

ladybug76135

Postby ladybug76135 » Wed May 27, 2009 08:38 am

Look at those cheeks!!!!!!!!! He is gorgeous.

blythe

Postby blythe » Tue May 26, 2009 11:14 pm

He's so beautiful!

I'm glad you're going to talk to your internist and consider the pros and cons of meds again. It sounds like you've been coping without them, but that it's been really hard some days! Maybe meds - if you decide to try them - can make it so you don't have to try *so* hard.

Hang in there!

quincyf

Postby quincyf » Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 pm

You need to give that kid a haircut!!! How fabulous is he?!?!? Love the pix. Friend me on Facebook, I cannot figure out how to friend you, and I want to see more pix! Q

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Tue May 26, 2009 05:51 pm

What a cutie!

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Tue May 26, 2009 05:37 pm

Su,

He is beautiful. Sorry to hear you are still struggling. I'm glad you are seeking help.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:53 am

(((Hugs))), Su.

Samar is a beautiful baby. <3

suleaf

Sam Jam pics and update

Postby suleaf » Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 am

Lately feeling down again so I am going to see my internist- I love her and she is amazing and maybe can help me some more with meds, side effects, choices. All this is so hard and relentless. I handle things better but I cry a lot and feel trapped a lot. His crying is just so overwhelming and when he has his bad days, I fall apart. Today is good with him so I am ok.... but I think I should always be ok. Plus I think I am driving Q crazy- Im so mad at him all the time, poor thing- and I feel so lonely. So I realize the symptoms of depression come and go and since they are back.... I know myself well enough to know this is a deeper rooted issue. I just felt like I was whining too much and have laid kinda low because of it....the trapped and suffocated feeling is the hardest to take.

BUT on to happier things.... Sam Jam is doing well. Fussy and cranky... but well. Growing bigger! He's at 6 weeks now and starting to coo and smile. He seems to be getting more attached to me and when he's fed he stares at me with big eyes and makes little noises. Despite everything, he's adorable and I am grateful he's here and healthy, and I have hope that things will be better for both of us in time.

Ok so some pics, and I hope this works:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =694061651

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =694061651

Return to “After your baby is born .....”