Post Reply FAQ Members Login

new guy

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

new guy

Postby shrevviola » Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:05 pm

by shrevviola (8 Posts), Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:05 pm

hi my wife was 24 weeks pregnant and her doctor admitted her to the hospitol for preeclampsiathey did surgery friday morning and now my son is in the nicu hes three days old to this world and doin great so far i just want some people to talk and share with hes 1 lb 2 ozs.,and the most beautiful thing ive ever seen my wife is resting were still in the hospitol they have wireless internet so im on laptop she just turned 25 a week and a half ago this is our first child hes had two blood transfusions so far which they say is normal this is the best nicu ive been told from here to dallas his heart rate is about 150 which is normal for his age of 24 weeks his oxygen /blood saturation is at about 88 normal also but hes still "honeymooning" the doctors call it living off what mom had give him so * be living off himself and what the machines give him anyway im putting my faith in the lord im not going to make it if he doesnt im afraid btw im 26 years old someone plz respond id like to talk with anyone whos going through or been through this situation
shrevviola

Re : new guy

Postby fiona » Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:36 pm

by fiona (5767 Posts), Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:36 pm

Dustin, welcome.

I am so sorry to hear your wife developed preeclampsia so early. Congratulations on the birth of your son - I'm glad he is doing well and has excellent care.

The NICU experience is a roller coaster - especially with micro-preemies. There are many here who have been through it and I know they will be only too glad to offer you and your wife support. How is your wife doing now?

Have you decided on a name for your son?

Please keep us updated on his progress. The coming days will bring many emotions and questions - please let us know if there is anything we can do.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby molly419 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 06:16 pm

by molly419 (990 Posts), Sun Aug 17, 2008 06:16 pm

Welcome Dustin,

I too, am very sorry that your son had to be delivered so early. This will be a time of lots of ups and downs, as micro preemies have good and bad days, that can change in a matter of hours. Knowing and expecting this can make your NICU experince a bit easy to take. Have you or your wife been connected with social services at the hospital?

My daughter was born at 25 weeks, 1lb 1oz., four years ago, so I understand the situation that you, your wife and son is in. I recommend keeping a journal, to keep track of your son's setbacks, progress, and general thoughts. There will be so much information to process while in the NICU, it can be overwhelming.

If you would like, feel free to contact me through my preeclampisa forum email.
molly419

Postby shrevviola » Sun Aug 17, 2008 06:23 pm

by shrevviola (8 Posts), Sun Aug 17, 2008 06:23 pm

his name is daniel my wifes doing better but her blood pressure is back up 160 over 88 now but before the delivery it was 165 over 113 so its much better than it was shes still having some vision problems but doctor said itll be a week till thats gone maybe two
shrevviola

Postby caryn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:30 pm

by caryn (10131 Posts), Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:30 pm

Dustin, welcome. And welcome Earthside to Daniel; I hope he grows strong quickly, and that your wife recovers quickly.

I'm so sorry your family has been hit with preeclampsia. This disease is brutal and moves very fast.

My vision took about two weeks to recover completely. Has your wife been able to see Daniel -- I know they wheeled my gurney past the NICU?

If you want to chat you can post a new thread saying that you're in chat, and someone will find you there.

Keep us posted; I will be watching for updates, and I know many of us will be.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby shrevviola » Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:58 pm

by shrevviola (8 Posts), Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:58 pm

yes me and my wife came home today she has seen daniel three times her vision has gotten better not all back but much better and her bp is more under control she is a nurse but we'd never heard of this preeclampsia till now,he spit up a little blood yesterday they took him off the oscillator and put him on a ventilator so he hasnt done it since .I just get so emotional when i think about it he didnt ask for this none of us did as im sure none of you guys did,the nurses and doctors at our hospitol are amazing people they have to be some of the best in the world and i thank you guys soo much for talking and listening with me GOD BLESS YOU ALL
shrevviola

Postby shrevviola » Mon Aug 18, 2008 09:30 pm

by shrevviola (8 Posts), Mon Aug 18, 2008 09:30 pm

oh yeah btw i wanna say how great my wife has been through all of this,she is more beautiful now than the day i met her, she has been my rock along with my mom ,my mom is the reason i turned into the man i am, she is incredible, truly inspiring, i think most all women are truly amazing ,ive never met a man as strong as some of the women in my life
shrevviola

Postby for faith » Wed Aug 20, 2008 02:16 pm

by for faith (1749 Posts), Wed Aug 20, 2008 02:16 pm

Thinking of you both and Daniel and saying many prayers. Take care,
for faith

Postby izkimberly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 05:11 pm

by izkimberly (15 Posts), Wed Aug 20, 2008 05:11 pm

The way you feel about your child and the women in your life is beautiful.

Take care, and will be wishing your family all the best!
izkimberly

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Thu Aug 21, 2008 09:00 am

by mrs.magdaleno (648 Posts), Thu Aug 21, 2008 09:00 am

Welcome. I'm so sorry that PE robbed you and your wife of a healthy baby. I am so happy to read your son is doing well and I hope he continues to do well and comes home to you and his mommy soon. I think it is refreshing to read about a man's feelings towards his family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.
mrs.magdaleno

Next

Return to Dads