new guy

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!
fiona
Forum Moderator

Re : new guy

Postby fiona » Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:36 pm

Dustin, welcome.

I am so sorry to hear your wife developed preeclampsia so early. Congratulations on the birth of your son - I'm glad he is doing well and has excellent care.

The NICU experience is a roller coaster - especially with micro-preemies. There are many here who have been through it and I know they will be only too glad to offer you and your wife support. How is your wife doing now?

Have you decided on a name for your son?

Please keep us updated on his progress. The coming days will bring many emotions and questions - please let us know if there is anything we can do.

shrevviola

new guy

Postby shrevviola » Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:05 pm

hi my wife was 24 weeks pregnant and her doctor admitted her to the hospitol for preeclampsiathey did surgery friday morning and now my son is in the nicu hes three days old to this world and doin great so far i just want some people to talk and share with hes 1 lb 2 ozs.,and the most beautiful thing ive ever seen my wife is resting were still in the hospitol they have wireless internet so im on laptop she just turned 25 a week and a half ago this is our first child hes had two blood transfusions so far which they say is normal this is the best nicu ive been told from here to dallas his heart rate is about 150 which is normal for his age of 24 weeks his oxygen /blood saturation is at about 88 normal also but hes still "honeymooning" the doctors call it living off what mom had give him so * be living off himself and what the machines give him anyway im putting my faith in the lord im not going to make it if he doesnt im afraid btw im 26 years old someone plz respond id like to talk with anyone whos going through or been through this situation

Return to “Dads”