Father's Day ideas...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
annes
Forum Moderator

Re : Father's Day ideas...

Postby annes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:56 pm

I think Brianne's suggestion is beautiful! My tendency is to get a "from all of us" card ad sign all of the kids names to go along with the gift. I also give a card just from me, thanking him for making me a mom and for getting me through all of the hard times. Good Luck.

brianned5

Re : Father's Day ideas...

Postby brianned5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 05:35 pm

I got two personalized photo frames. One with Kylie's name on it and one with Kyndall's name on it. They both say, The power of love held in my Daddy's hands. I put a photo of Kylie being held in her Daddy's hands in hers and put one of Kyndall being held in his hands in hers. I know he'll love them. I find every celebration is difficult. I have Kyndall, but I think the whole time about how I should have Kylie there too. I end up in tears most of the time. I haven't found a way to get past the guilt, I'm not sure if I ever will. I just cope with it as best I can.

rebecca2

Father's Day ideas...

Postby rebecca2 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm not 100% sure where to post this, but I thought it fit more with grief & loss than any other topic...

Mother's Day and Father's Day have been very sad days for me since loosing Addison. Even now that I have Aden, I'm not sure how I feel about these holidays and find it difficult to look for a gift for hubby. I'm not sure what to get him...it isn't his 1st father's day...it is his 1st father's day with a living baby and I don't think Hallmark makes a card for this situation. Does anyone have any suggestions for gifts? I feel like this should be a special day for hubby, but I'm still so sad to not have Addison here with us I feel guilty celebrating without her. Aden is 3 weeks old today and while I'm over the moon to have him, I think I've cried more over Addison the past few weeks than I have in a long time. I suppose some of this is because I tried to stay positive during my pregnancy to not increase my stress/BP that I wouldn't let myself take time to cry and it is just catching up with me.

Anyway, any suggestions for special gifts/things to do will be much appreciated. Also, how do you not feel guilty for celebrating with one baby when your other baby isn't here?

Return to “Grief and Loss”