PICS of my tattoo!!!!!!!

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

PICS of my tattoo!!!!!!!

Postby wrennie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 06:12 pm

Ladies....here it is...i love it! i must say i cant believe i have a tattoo, its going to take some time to get used to. I keep looking to see if I really did it. But, it turned out great, right down to the "heart" under the E in her name. I saw that after it was done and the artist said he didnt mean to put a heart there...so cool it turned out like that!!! Enjoy! (ps. hardly hurt at all took 2 and 1/2 hours!). Hope the link works! Click on the picture that first comes up to see the album, the first picture is kind of blurry our camera stinks!

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=6014e5eb3e92053d2a944dfefaeb216b&sid=8AcMWTFi0Zs222

I have my tattoo scheduled for friday...im getting excited and nervous too. I dont have any other tattoo's and never really wanted one until I lost Elodie. The thought has been there for years and now the time just feels right. Its hard to keep moving on with out feeling like I have Elodie's memory right there all the time. I guess thats how it goes though, it would be too painful to think of her all the time. But, thats where i think the tattoo will help me. I think having it will make me feel like I am always with her, even though I know I always am.

I am getting a sunflower, her flower, with her name through it on my back (shoulder area). I had it custom drawn by the artist on my back about a month ago. it was cool, just showed him some pics, and voila, it looked just how I thought! I will post it next weekend after its done,ofcourse, it may only be half way done, depending on how long i can sit there!!!!
wrennie

Re : PICS of my tattoo!!!!!!!

Postby heather j » Sat Sep 04, 2010 06:28 pm

I can't wait to see it, Carin! I remember how gorgeous the Jes MaHarry piece was that you commissioned for Elodie - if it's half as beautiful as that, it will be stunning (like I'm sure Elodie was). Thinking of you (and your bravery!)!
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:18 pm

I bet that's going to look gorgeous and what a fine memorial. Don't worry, getting a tattoo is a manageable pain. The endorphins kick in after a bit too and it becomes even less.
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sun Sep 05, 2010 00:31 am

Carin, I am looking forward to seeing your tattoo too. I am sure it will be lovely...and a wonderful tribute to your sweet girl. (((HUGS)))
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby jamilyn » Sun Sep 05, 2010 07:47 pm

It will go great. My 1st tattoo was a year after my 1st son passed away and I got his little feet prints on my lower back then a few months ago I added my 2nd little angels prints above that. I love it and it has helped me a lot with the grieving process.
Good Luck!
jamilyn

Postby lakensmommy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 06:36 pm

that is so sweet I can't wait to get mine (well I can since i know the reason i can't right now is Im pregnant.) i couldn't do it earlier because of health issues my hubby got his done the day she died at like 9pm. I can't wait to see what you have done.
lakensmommy

Postby lisad » Tue Sep 07, 2010 03:11 pm

That sounds like a great tattoo! After each of my losses, my DH and I would go spread our baby's ashes and then we each would get a tattoo. So, I now have two 'bracelet' tattoos--one on each wrist and each one is my baby's initals. I think it is a wonderful way to remember your baby and there are times that it brings me comfort to look down and see their initals on my wrists
lisad

Postby naomihope427 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 06:27 am

I cant wait to see the tattoo either. I got my daughters name & birthdate a week before she passed away. I had NO idea that I was lose her. Then a month or two after, I got her little footprints underneath her name as well. I did not put the other date there. I just want it left how it is.

But I have been thinking I wanted to add something to it. Possibly a rainbow and butterfly somewhere near it, because every time I see a butterfly or rainbow,-well you know. I think of her. & of course other times too.
naomihope427

Postby annes » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:49 am

How wonderful! I have a griffin on my shoulder, for Griffin. I am thinking about doing a little copying from the famous and putting the longitude and latitudes of the hospitals my kids were born at underneath.
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Sat Sep 11, 2010 05:22 pm

Wow the tattoo turned out gorgeous, I'm glad you have no regrets! It took me 30-some years to get a tattoo but I haven't regreted mine either
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Grief and Loss