Life...Just going through the motions

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
emmasdaddy

Re : Life...Just going through the motions

Postby emmasdaddy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:51 pm

We spent five months in the NICU as well after my wife developed Preeclampsia. Our baby girl, Emma, came home for 8 glorious days before a fever and infection put us back at the hospital. After a few days there it was decided she needed surgery for a hemangioma. We gave her a kiss before her surgery and that was the morning she went to be with Jesus and her great-grandparents. If you would like to read about our Emma her website is www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmakeller and the password is emk82207.

I am so sorry for your loss and although none of us completely understand what anyone else is going through .... we all understand better than most.

rnprissy

Postby rnprissy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to talk to others and draw strength from those who have found a way to be happy again and those in the same space i'm in...all are welcome

fnaz

Postby fnaz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 pm

It breaks my heart everytime when I read that one more baby was lost because of this disease.I am really sorry for the suffering and loss you had.I welcome you to the forums..Ladies here are very good listeners, friends and they really understand our feelings.These forums have been a nice support in both bad times and good times...Hope you find peace soon....

rnprissy

Life...Just going through the motions

Postby rnprissy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Hello everyone, I've been reading the boards for a while and decided to post. I am a bereaved mom of a beautiful little girl..Laila Synae.. whom I prayed for for years after a long road of infertility. I delivered her due to Hellp syndrome at 24 weeks 5 days weighing 13ozs. she survived and came home after dodging so many medical complications and after 5 months in the NICU. She was taken from me in less then 24 hours during a 2 day stay in the hospital some weeks later...on the day we were to be discharged... I am so devastated and feel so lost without her. It's been 9 months today and I am just moving through life like a zombie..I know there are no other people who understand but those that are going through it. Thanks for listening. If your interested in seeing the life of my baby girl Laila here is the link.. http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z ... m=text_url

Return to “Grief and Loss”