On call doctor rant....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
wrennie

Re : On call doctor rant....

Postby wrennie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I am sooo jealous you got to go out!!! WOW!!! I should have asked about this along time ago, im an idiot!! Tomorrow will mark the 8 week point...akkk!!

sorry to hear about the dizzy spell, you know that happens to me ALL the time particularly when im in the shower. I think its the bed rest that zaps out your normal sense of balance and bps! but, its sucks to feel it!

candyg

Postby candyg » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Well...I did end up getting out for a few hours...but the drama!

L&D was insane last night...so the nurses couldn't get my pass signed...heck, my nurse had to go over and cover breaks...but we had a nice student if I needed anything...

Then they had to tackle the first OB to arrive today...who didn't come until 10am!

Regardless...I had to cancel the facial because there was no way I could go before 10:15am...due to the 24 hr urine...

Then the spa called this morning and the RMT wouldn't work on me without a note form the OB! She was terrified she'd put me into labour...are you kidding...I'd name the kid after her if she could do that! Anyway...got my pass..my note...and then because the therapist spent SO much time going onver what she wouldn't do...I only got 30 mins...oh well..it was still lovely!

Then DH took me for lunch since his parents came over to watch Liam...and then we went home. I had a bath (it was cute..my son brought me his toys to play with!)I had been told I could sleep at home tonight, but after the bath I felt horrible...very sick and dizzy...so I tried to nap and didn't feel much better, so I came back...I want out...but I guess I'm not stupid yet!

DH made cookies for the nurses while I napped...what a charmer! I think it might have been to make up for all the crying I've been doing for the last week! LOL!

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Sat Jan 24, 2009 01:30 pm

Im sorry!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 07:36 am

Oh, man, Candy. I hope you catch a break already and that OB signed off on your "get out of jail free" card. Let us know!

candyg

Postby candyg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 pm

no wait...gets better...turns out the only one who's here to sign is the doc I had a run in with today...can this day just be over please!!!!!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Jan 23, 2009 07:59 pm

Oh man that stinks. How could he not sign the order??? I'm sorry. It will be here before you know it!

candyg

Postby candyg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 06:20 pm

Here's a bummer for ya'

My nurse just came in an hour ago and told me that although my OB wrote up that I could "get out of jail" for a couple hours in my chart...he didn't sign the actual order....so I can't go unless they can get the OB on call overnight to sign it...

I had to call the spa and warn them that I might not be coming...BOO!!! HISS!!!!

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Fri Jan 23, 2009 05:18 pm

Thats terrible. I am glad your OB is going to see you though. What week are you at? I understand your NICU fears... its the one thing I am afraid of since I cannot control it! What you are feeling is normal, the struggle between keep that baby in there and wait a sec- my health is going downhill!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Fri Jan 23, 2009 04:14 pm

AWW Candy go take that day pass and enjoy it, hon!!! He sounds really nice... I think you do need to just get out and think about something else. I can't imagine fretting in that place.

You will be ok. I know it. And no NICU? That's a good deal.

Hang in there.

candyg

Postby candyg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 03:13 pm

Yeah...I'm glad that the labs are being done too...I think she rushed them so that the OB would see them inprogress...

I love my OB! But sadly...he is wonderufl...but firm....let me bawl my face off while he tried to talk me down...says he completely understands but that he really wants me to not have to go through another nicu experience and wants to make 37weeks...well 37 and 2 is when I'm booked...

but he did say that he wants me to have a bit of a break...ordered a day pass for me to go for dinner with DH...or just to walk around for a bit at the mall...

but with the 24 hr urine...that's not really going to work....so I booked a facial for tomorrow morning...and DH talked to the charge nurse who said it was no problem if I stayed today to get the OB on call tomorrow to sign it...it's not total relief, but I hope that it will help!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”