Calling out my fellow Colorado members!

Re : Calling out my fellow Colorado members!

Postby mistygillette » Sun Mar 22, 2009 08:08 pm

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!

quote:
Originally posted by Jenn

*Thanks for the reminder Fiona. I know we have been spammed before- I'd hate to see anything like that happen to Misty.

*Misty, I apologize but I'm not seeing anything in my in-box. I imagine it's an electronic glitch.. but I'll be sure to check and see if my email is posted in my profile correctly.
I'll be emailing you shortly so we can set up a time and place, for anyone interested in helping out, to meet/greet and brainstorm!

mistygillette

Postby mistygillette » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Jenn,

Just wanted to throw a few things out there for the walk. If we are doing a "fundraising" walk this is what has to be done:

1. A proposal for the walk in writing.

2. Expectations of Fort Carson and what they may be (or no expectations)

3. Do we want tents, water, trucks, help to set up, etc (part of expectations)

4. Once submitted to Ann (the outreach coordinator) then it has to be reviewed by Legal.

5. Anything we want from Fort Carson, as far as tents, water, set-up, etc is at our expense.

6. Ann suggested Iron Horse Park on Fort Carson. It is a 1 mile track and the trail goes through a park. She said it is the easiest for an event like this. We could go as many laps as we like. It's also not on a road so we wouldn't have to worry about any road closures or police patrol. Everyone would have to be able to get on Fort Carson. (Must have driver's license, proof of insurance, registration)

7. Another option is Turkey Creek Ranch 10 mi. south of Carson on 115. There are picnic areas, playgrounds and restrooms. Not sure what the trail is like there but it is accessible to everyone.

8. Ann also suggested that we contact the Hospital here on Carson to see if we can get some support from them. She gave me a "great" contact there to call.

So, that's what I have so far. Can't wait to make some plans :):):)

quote:
Originally posted by Jenn

*Thanks for the reminder Fiona. I know we have been spammed before- I'd hate to see anything like that happen to Misty.

*Misty, I apologize but I'm not seeing anything in my in-box. I imagine it's an electronic glitch.. but I'll be sure to check and see if my email is posted in my profile correctly.
I'll be emailing you shortly so we can set up a time and place, for anyone interested in helping out, to meet/greet and brainstorm!

mistygillette

Postby mistygillette » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:07 am

Jenn,

I have decided not to do the walk this year. I feel like I'm running out of time and there is a lot that needs to be done and I'm not even sure where to start. I'm going to do some more research and hopefully have my ducks in a row for next year...or another time.

Thanks,
Misty
mistygillette

Previous

Return to Colorado