when did your preemie start crawling etc?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
mommy2maddie

Re : when did your preemie start crawling etc?

Postby mommy2maddie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 am

My daughter was born at 29 weeks and she didn't start crawling until 11 months, she had to go to OT and PT for about 6 months but eventually she got it. I learned not to push her, that she would do it when she was good and ready. I also always got the weird looks when people said "Oh I bet your daughter is walking all around" and I would have to say no she isn't even crawling yet, and people make you feel like it is your fault, but its not, they just don't understand about preemies, even some docs don't. Anyways, sorry for the rant, my daughter didn't pull to stand until 13 months and she didn't walk until she was 17 months. It took awhile but eventually she did all the "normal" things, and yours will too, don't worry, she will do it when she is good and ready!

cmuise

when did your preemie start crawling etc?

Postby cmuise » Tue Apr 20, 2010 08:35 pm

I have a preemie who is 9 months (7 months corrected age) who still isn't crawling, or even sitting up by herself (for any length of time anyway). I know that the doctors said she may be behind a couple of months because of being premature but I'm worried that 7 month old babies do these things by now. She just started rolling over on her stomach a couple of weeks ago. Other than this issue she is bright and active but I just worry that something could be wrong! Has anyone else been through this?

Return to “Parents of Preemies”