Question re getting pledges

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Question re getting pledges

Postby beth11 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 04:06 pm

Hello! I just registered for a pre-e walk and am ready to start collecting pledges!

Question, though - I received the email with the link directing people to the site to register or make a donation - but is there any way for people to make pledges to/through me online??? Or, am I only able to collect pledges via cash or check?

Finally, I noticed that receipts are sent for donations over $100 - are those sent from the "home office"? How soon after the walk?

Please feel free to email me - bmarielee at aol dot com.

Thanks!!
beth11

Re : Question re getting pledges

Postby kara » Mon Apr 06, 2009 05:19 pm

Hi Beth,

Thanks for registering and collecting pledges! You can forward the link you received to your friends and family and ask them to click on the "donate" button. During the process, they can choose to make the donation in "honor" or "memory" of someone. You can ask them to enter your name, or a team name..etc. That way, we'll know who gets credit for the donations. And of course, you can still do cash and check if you like.

And yes, receipts are sent from the home office after the walk, typically within a couple of weeks. If a receipt is needed sooner for some reason, I can have one sent sooner.

Let me know if there are other questions!
Thanks so much!
Kara
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby beth11 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 05:23 pm

Thanks, Kara, for your response! I know you have so many bigger things to worry about :)

I guess my only question is - is there a way to know when someone makes an online donation (and who makes the donation and the amount)? We want to set a donation goal for ourselves and be able to follow our progress!

Oh, and I assume checks should just be made payable to the Foundation?
beth11

Postby kara » Mon Apr 06, 2009 08:57 pm

Beth,

I can send you a report here and there to let you know who's donated. As long as they enter in your name or team name, I should be able to sort it for you. :-) Yours was the easiest question of the day....so no worries. What walk are you registered for?
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby beth11 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 pm

Perfect! Thanks so much Kara. Shall I send you an email with the name we've told people to use when donating online?

We decided to just go to the Virginia walk. It's the closest to us, and we decided it would just be easiest this year. Hopefully we can use this as a stepping stone for things to come!
beth11

Postby kara » Tue Apr 07, 2009 00:57 am

I found your registration online. Yes, you can email me the team name. Kara.boeldt@preeclampsia.org
It's a great event!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby jmom08 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 01:00 am

I had the same questions. =) This helps a lot, thanks very much!!
jmom08

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia