by jamie w (978 Posts), Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm
Anna continues to be fed via Gtube most of the time. She
still has some vomiting from time to time also. She ended up vomiting and developing aspiration pneumonia:( We were very lucky that we were able to be treated outpatient and so avoided hospital time. Because Anna is still having problems with reflux we have been referred to the surgeon for a possible Nissen Fundoplication. It is where they take the top portion of the stomach and wrap it around the esophagus and stitch it together. I am not sold on the surgery yet and am actually quite scared. If you are the praying type please keep us in your prayers. I need wisdom and guidance to make the right decision about this. We see the surgeon at 10 tomorrow morning.
Anna will be having a nissen fundoplication and pyloroplasty. The pyloroplasty will involve cutting the muscle that connects the stomach to the small intestine so that food will empty out of her stomach faster since she has some delayed gastric emptying. We do not have a definite date yet. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!