Bake Sale in East TN Area

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Bake Sale in East TN Area

Postby potatocakes » Sat Jul 25, 2009 01:40 am

Hello, I'm very new to this whole fundraising buisness but I would really like to get some people together and pull of a bake sale to raise money for preeclampsia. If anyone is in Knoxville or the surrounding counties let me know if we can make something happen.
potatocakes

Re : Bake Sale in East TN Area

Postby kara » Sat Jul 25, 2009 01:49 am

Hi Potato Cakes! I'm not in TN, but know there are other members in your area. I hope you put together a great event. I would encourage you to connect with Dawn Detweiler, our National Fundraising Coordinator for PF fundraising guidelines, and some tips and tricks. She might be able to connect you with other TN gals who have some experience under their belts.

Dawn's email is: Dawn.Detweiler@preeclampsia.com
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:07 am

PotatoCakes,
we are excited to hear of your interest in gathering others and hosting a fundraiser....it's this sort of enthusiasm that makes a real difference. However, there is a (simple, yet critical) protocal for raising money and representing the Foundation. Step one is to to complete a Volunteer Form where you share your event idea for support and approval. From there we share guidelines, as Kara mentioned, for holding an appropriate and rewarding event.
Please contact me directly and I will be better able to help you get moving on a project.
Dawn D

Postby ckthomas05 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 am

I am in the Bristol Area and would be interested in helping anyway I can.
ckthomas05

Postby Dawn D » Tue Aug 04, 2009 09:42 pm

Hi Kelly, I'll bring this post to her attention through email so you guys can try to connect. I've talked with her and sounds like she would be very happy to partner with others in the area. thanks for responding!

Dawn D

Postby potatocakes » Wed Aug 05, 2009 06:09 pm

Hi Kelly, I'm glad to hear from you. From what I hear Bristol is a decent size town. I'm from a small town and a bake sale wouldnt have much success. If you would like to help we could hold one there. You can help in anyway you want, you do not have to bake or sell anything. Please get back to me with your ideas.
potatocakes

Postby ckthomas05 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 03:09 pm

Potatocakes,
Please email me.
Kelly
ckthomas05

Postby rebecca2 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 01:29 pm

Samantha & Kelly,

If this idea takes off please let me know. I'm not in the Bristol area, but my family lives nearby and my sister might be willing to help.
rebecca2

Postby Dawn D » Thu Aug 27, 2009 05:46 pm

Hi guys, checking back in to see if the energy is still there for a bake sale?? I'm here to help you get something going...and bake sales can be a FUN and EASY way to make a difference. Fall might be an ideal time in your community to host. If you want to talk specifically about how it can be done, email me. We can even set a chance to talk by phone.

THANKS!
Dawn D

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange