Post Reply FAQ Members Login

joint pain after pregnancy

joint pain after pregnancy

Postby mom2five » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:50 am

by mom2five (3 Posts), Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:50 am

I had my fifth child at 31 weeks after a severe preeclampsia and HELLP. I had a emergency C-Section and my son spent 2 months in the NICU and is home and is doing well. He is almost 9 pounds (at birth 2.11 pounds) First pregnancy with sickness throughout, down syndome scare, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, hellp, first C-section and first preemie. So this last pregnancy had everything.

My questions is it is 12 weeks later and all my joints, my fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees (sometimes the sides of my neck) are either in pain or at the least discomfort. My range of motion is limited. I feel short of breath when doing grocery shopping (which is better than before, taking a 2 min shower was quite a feat).

Any suggestions, my ob was not worried, but now since its past 8 weeks after birth she can't treat me and I have to go to my general. I have an appt tomorrow but was hoping someone out there would know something.

My fingers are still swollen enough to the point I can't wear my wedding ring, it can't be extra weight since I'm 10# lighter than I was before I got pregnant.

Also the place where my spinal went in is still sensitive as is my lower ab area. I'm just a mess and it gets depressing feeling like this 24/7 while trying to work and also take care of a newborn along with 4 other kids.
mom2five

Re : joint pain after pregnancy

Postby caryn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 03:28 pm

by caryn (10131 Posts), Tue Jun 16, 2009 03:28 pm

Please reply to mom2five [url="http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35392"]here[/url].

Multiple threads mess up our search engine. Thanks. :-)
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to California