It's time to submit your nominations for the 2009 Volunteer of the Year Award!
Recipient to be honored in person in Chicago at "Saving Grace - A Night of Hope."
It's time to recognize our hard working volunteers in a big way! We encourage all of you to thoughtfully consider nominating one of our volunteers for this distinguished honor.
To recognize the important role and valuable contributions of our talented volunteers, the Preeclampsia Foundation presents an annual Volunteer of the Year award to a member who epitomizes the true spirit of volunteerism. The award will be presented at ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œSaving Grace - A Night of Hope,ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â a benefit gala to be held in Chicago on October 24, 2009. The recipient will be provided with roundtrip airfare and a one night accommodation at the Renaissance Chicago Hotel.
All voluntees are eligible to be nominated; however, members of the FoundationÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Board of Directors as well as paid staff and contractors who are financially compensated by the Foundation are not eligible. If you're not certain about somebody's status, please email us at VOY@preeclampsia.org.
The VOY awards committee is responsible for selecting the winner and will consider the following characteristics when evaluating each nominee:
1. Teamwork ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Nominee effectively collaborated in all activities and communications with a positive attitude and is respected by peers, volunteers and community leaders.
2. Advocacy ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Nominee represented the Foundation with unwavering support and strives to present the organization favorably in all endeavors.
3. Need - Nominee contributed a needed service to the Foundation.
4. Initiative - Nominee initiated new programs or activities and used new methods to solve problems.
5. Achievement - Nominee accomplished desired results.
6. Impact - The activity or service produced positive changes and provided examples for other areas of the Foundation.
7. Time - Amount of time devoted to the activity or service was significant.
All nominations should be submitted to VOY@preeclampsia.org no later than Friday, August 14, 2009. You may nominate more than one candidate. Please summarize the reasons you have nominated your candidate in less than 250 words. Consider addressing the above categories in your summary.
The candidate that is selected will be notified by Friday, August 28. All travel arrangements and hotel accommodations will be handled by the Foundation immediately thereafter.
Please consider nominating a deserving member who has provided outstanding effort with the Foundation this year. We are fortunate to have such a large pool of dedicated and valuable volunteers to choose from. Good luck deciding on your nominations!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests