New mom of a preemie

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
tree
Forum Moderator

Re : New mom of a preemie

Postby tree » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:52 am

I am thinking of you both and praying for a good outcome. I hope everything goes well today.

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Mon Sep 13, 2010 09:47 am

Well they decided they are going to do the surgery :( She will be getting transfered to a hospital down the street, and they will be doing it there. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today. I'm so worried, I hope she can pull through and continue to fight like she's been doing.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Chelsea, preemies they go through there up and downs and its a process. Just stay positive. My baby went through the same thing. This use to work for me I use to thank god for every morning that she was still alive. Everyday is a blessing. I have her in my prayers.

Til this day I thank god for allowing my daughter to be here with us! :)

quote:
Originally posted by Ch3lsea

Thank you for the prayers! We still don't know if they're going to do surgery or not yet. The doctors want to give her intestine the chance to heal with the antibiotics, but they are seeing no change in the x-rays, it is thankfully not getting worse, but is also not getting better. So we'll see. I hate waiting, I don't know what to do...I just have this knot in my stomach all the time. She's just so tiny, I wish she didn't have to go through this

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 04:51 pm

please let me know if you need absolutely anything. My prayers are with you today.

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Sun Sep 12, 2010 04:44 pm

Thank you for the prayers! We still don't know if they're going to do surgery or not yet. The doctors want to give her intestine the chance to heal with the antibiotics, but they are seeing no change in the x-rays, it is thankfully not getting worse, but is also not getting better. So we'll see. I hate waiting, I don't know what to do...I just have this knot in my stomach all the time. She's just so tiny, I wish she didn't have to go through this

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 04:18 pm

I cannot imagine what you are going thru right now!!! Try as hard as you can to hold your head up high for your sweet little girl and know that positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way!!!

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Sun Sep 12, 2010 02:31 pm

Things are not going so great. The infection is still there despite the antibiotics, they are now talking about surgery on her intestines...I believe we'll find out later today if that's going to happen or not. She was small for a 26weeker, only 1lb4oz....she is not much more than that today. I'm so worried and overwhelmed, I feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare and can't wake up...I don't understand why all of this happened to me and my family =/ It's been even harder this week because my husband is not here anymore...he's in the army and had to go back to his unit. Thank you for the prayers, please keep them coming for my little girl! <3

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 09:04 pm

Praying for you and your family! How are things going?

somtamfetcher

Postby somtamfetcher » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:04 am

Very sorry to hear about your daughter. Our twins were born at 32 weeks, but we lived in fear from week 28 on when diagnosed with PE. Don't let it break you heart when you look at her. Let it fill you with hope, because your daughter is still alive. You don't say how much she weighed at birth, but do keep in mind that on average at 26 weeks there is a better than 85% - 90% chance of survival. It is almost certain your daughter will live, especially if you were given steroids at least 48 hours before birth. And, as JacobKaden says, it is well known that girls mature faster than boys at this age, so you have that going for you as well.

Let the doctors take care of the little things like keeping her alive. Your job is to concentrate on the big things, like giving her the love she needs to keep going. Every day your daughter is alive, she grows just a little bit stronger. It may seem inconceivable now, but in 8 weeks or so when she is ready to go home, you are going to feel like a miracle occurred.

I won't say this gets easier, but I will say that unless your doctor says otherwise, it is highly likely that your daughter is going to make it. Despite the fear we all have as parents, almost all of them do. That little bundle of cells is much stronger than you think, and her optimal survival strategy depends on you being there for her every step of the way. Without fear.

You can do something for her. You can love her. That is what she needs most from you. Don't underestimate how important that is.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 04:33 pm

every day that is better than the day before is good - just remember to take one step at a time. Glad she is going better- sending more hugs

Return to “Parents of Preemies”