Who's having a baby?! (roll call)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
veronica44

Re : Who's having a baby?! (roll call)

Postby veronica44 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 03:43 pm

LOL at "avoid cats for toxemia"!!! People kept telling me the same thing. Come on people, toxemia and toxoplasmosis sound pretty darn different!

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 01:25 pm

1) 23 weeks

2) Another boy! (oh boy...)

3) Uncomfortable with "irritable uterus" symptoms. So far BP etc OK!

4) Stress mostly OK. Not as bad as I'd thought it might be, but I get frustrated about communication issues with doctors. Starting to really have that "get the baby room ready early" feeling, hoping it's just nesting / worry from last time.

5) Strangest advice -- what Jennifer said (people telling me to do / not do various things to prevent high BP).

jennigator3

Postby jennigator3 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 am

1) How many weeks? I'm now almost 22 weeks

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? It's a girl!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? Going OK, my BPs have been good, I have seen an MFM and we are just watching and waiting now.

4) And how about the stress management?I am really stressed about getting pre-e again. I don't think that will really go away until I deliver.

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? People telling me to do things to prevent my high BP this time...they just have no clue.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 am

1) How many weeks?31 weeks + 4 days

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? BOY!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? Rollercoaster from day 1! Now superimposed PE, talk of delivery soon - trying to hold out for a few more weeks. Mostly maternal issues - although it is looking like baby boy's growth may be slowing but I haven't had an official u/s documented this

4) And how about the stress management? bad tv. I am actually doing o.k. most of the time. But then I got set off today when the social worker who visited me during my loss came in today - it was nice to see her until I realized they called her because I may be delivering prematurely.

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? a crazy one was when one person in my family insists pre-e is nothing because.... she had toxemia . Refuses to accept they are the same thing!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 09:55 am

1) How Many Weeks? 36 on the dot!

2) Third baby girl!:) Love the pink!

3) This pregnancy has been great! BP has been beautiful (last check at Dr. was 104/62...home it's running 110/67)

4) At this point, I am feeling pretty good about everything...I do know, though, that we are never "out of the woods!"

5) Strangest advice....hmmmm.....I can't think of anything right now...I just keep hearing that the transition to 3 is not bad, that 1-2 is the hardest, so I am hoping and praying that is the truth!;)

4evermyangel

Postby 4evermyangel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 09:44 am

1) How many weeks? 19 +4.....almost halfway there!

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? It's a Boy!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? Enjoying 2nd Trimester Dip right around 120/80,,,even at the office with my white coat on...lol!

4) And how about the stress management? I thought I was doing pretty good, now that I am almost 20 weeks I am starting to catch myself worrying about PE and I managed to get a cold last week so I'm convinced that is going to cause something bad to happen

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? Not really strange but the one that bothered me the most and I'm sure some of you have gotten.....are you sure that is a good idea, couldn't the same thing happen all over again?! Like we haven't thought about and seen multiple doctors and spent months worrying about that ourselves!

myangel

Postby myangel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 01:14 am

1) How many weeks? 36 weeks and 5 days...whoo-hoo!!!!

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? GIRL

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? Well up until friday my bp's were going great. Then friday they spiked and I couldn't get them down at all...went into L&D and am now on 200mg 2x a day of labetalol... now my bp's are staying pretty consistent...at least for now.

4) And how about the stress management? Still stressed quite a bit, but at least I've been off work for a few weeks, so that really helps.

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? Can't think of any right now...

amypete

Postby amypete » Tue Feb 23, 2010 00:40 am

Hmm, didn't quite finish that post.

Not sure if we want to find out or not. Definitely last pregnancy, so I kind of want to know so I can be prepared.

BP is just fine now. Didn't go up until 26 weeks last pregnancy, so I'm hoping for a good 10 weeks without morning sickness and without PE symptoms.

I'm having the mindset of "everything's okay until it's not." We lost a baby girl at 19 weeks 4 years ago, so I am still uneasy and not fully emotionally invested. But I am cautiously hopeful because everything looks great.

No one gives me pregnancy advice anymore. I must appear to be a pro!

amypete

Postby amypete » Tue Feb 23, 2010 00:37 am

1. 14 weeks pregnant!

dovetail5858

Postby dovetail5858 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

1) How many weeks?
I am 17.5 weeks

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know?
It's a boy!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)?
My chronic BP has been controlled well on Bystolic. A couple of tiny hicups but all is going very well so far.

4) And how about the stress management?
Really nervous.

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children?
A friend told me if I want to avoid "toximia" in my next pregnancy I should stay away from cats :-).

Return to “Pregnant Again?”