why else can period be so late?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : why else can period be so late?

Postby alexa5 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 09:06 am

Wow...that is really late! I know a lot of people say that is normal, but when it is not "normal" for you it feels very weird. It really drove me crazy because my gut knew I wasn't pregnant since I had done two tests (when I was pregnant I was able to test early and get a positive), and I just couldn't figure out what was going on. I understand the whole ovulating late thing, but for me it just seemed weird to have that happen out of the blue.

I am on day 27 now, and wondering if this cycle will be "normal" or not.
alexa5

Postby jend01 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 am

I know what you mean, I know that I am not pregnant. I too was able to test very early have and have positive results right away. I am a bit concerned because both times we tried to get pregnant we did on the first try! I do not feel pregnant and have had 2 negative tests, so far. I will take one more this weekend if it doesn't come before that and then off to the doctors if not.
jend01

Postby angieb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 03:01 pm

It's actually normal to have one or two annovulatory cycles a year for most women too. So if you didn't ovulate at all, your period might be off a little because it's ovulation (and then lack of fertilization) that triggers your period.
angieb

Postby alexa5 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:36 am

Jen, if it makes you feel better, the cycle I had right after my long one is officially normal--AF came today on day 28 exactly :-) I am relieved it is not an ongoing issue, or at least not this month.
alexa5

Postby kellikbock » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

My girlfriends and I were talking about something similar. They had both been told by their OB's that its normal for women to have one, maybe two, crazy cycles a year. A while back I posted about a super late period...it was almost 34 days...I found out that it was a chemical pregnancy, though. Keep us posted.
kellikbock

Postby alexa5 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 09:10 am

Any updates?
alexa5

Postby jend01 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 am

still no AF I am going to ask about it at my next dr apt on 8/06. I was going to call and try to get in sooner but I decided to just wait it out. :/
jend01

Postby alexa5 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 am

Wow...AF is being stubborn. I would have guessed chemical pregnancy as mentioned above, but it seems that usual happens quicker since in most cases most people don't know they have had one (due to AF coming). Hopefully you will get the answers you want at your next appt!
alexa5

Postby sophiesmom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 03:38 pm

HI,
I am on Cycle day 36 and no AF. I am having cramps and feel like I have my AF, but no sign. When I was pregnant the first time, it was the same thing. I did not even test until someone made me. I was tired of getting negative results. My cycles are usually 28 days, and sometimes 30. So, I think I am going to give in and test in the morning. We'll see.
sophiesmom

Postby kellikbock » Tue Jul 27, 2010 03:54 pm

Well, if you are preggo than yea!(Right?)...
I've had a close friend of mine tell me that she didn't have a period for almost six months (I almost fell over in my chair). She said that it was due to her hormones acting up. The doctor had to "jumpstart" her system with a shot of somekind. She's fine and healthy, otherwise. She sometimes skips a month or so, too.
kellikbock

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia