Post Reply FAQ Members Login

any nyc mommies?

any nyc mommies?

Postby halo79rn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 02:50 pm

we moved here last summer (to staten island)... tough move for me with two babies and a first year professor as a hubby. Any fun activities you can recommend??? Anything to help get out and meet other moms? A lot of the libraries only have programs for 3 yr and older, which will work for Libby but she's in preschool during many of the programs.

any ideas?
halo79rn

Re : any nyc mommies?

Postby miamibunnie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 08:34 pm

Im from nyc manhattan.

quote:
Originally posted by Halo79RN

we moved here last summer (to staten island)... tough move for me with two babies and a first year professor as a hubby. Any fun activities you can recommend??? Anything to help get out and meet other moms? A lot of the libraries only have programs for 3 yr and older, which will work for Libby but she's in preschool during many of the programs.

any ideas?

miamibunnie

Re : any nyc mommies?

Postby annes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 am

I live on S.I., too, it is a great place to have kids. There are a couple of YMCA's and a couple of JCC's which have good programs, usually starting at 3. The S.I. Zoo is great, so is the Children's Museum. Have you been to Willowbrook Park, off of Richmond ave? It has a pond you can walk around with lots of ducks and turtles, there is a carousel and a little playground. There are tons of great things in Brooklyn and Manhattan, although sometimes it is difficult to haul the kids into the city. Really there are a ton of parks and some of them offer little programs. good luck.
annes
Forum Moderator

Return to New York