Post Reply FAQ Members Login

25 Weeker

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : 25 Weeker

Postby rachelsmommy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:19 pm

My daughter was born at 28 weeks and was only 1 lb. 4 oz. She is now almost 4 and is doing fabulous. Also, I have two friends who both had boys at 24 weeks and are both doing great. They are ages 2 and 3 now and were both just barely over a pound at birth. So there is hope!! I hope your friend and the baby are doing well.
rachelsmommy

Postby jfindley » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi Megan,
My son was born at 26weeks 1day, at 1 lb 13oz. He was in the NICU for 2.5 months and had several complications of extreme prematurity, but today he is 7months(3.5 corrected), 17 lbs, perfectly healthy and developing well. I will keep your friend in my thoughts and keep us updated.
jfindley

Postby genevieved » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 am

My nephew Joshua was born at 25 weeks he weighed 1 lb 3 oz. It was * for my sister worrying every night she went home from the NICU. HE also fought an infection of the lungs, at one point and was isolated with another preemie who did not make it. So it was hard to have to worry about your own baby but, you become close to the other parents in the NICU and you grieve with them. There is no easy way around this time. Lots of prayers and support are needed. My nephew is 7 years old today and you never know he was born so small, he is our miracle baby!
genevieved

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies