Support group

Support group

Postby jend01 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 am

I know there is a post about this already and it started a few years ago, but there are a few recent inquiries. I don't know how good I would be at starting a group, but maybe together if there are some people interested we can come up with something together. I would love to meet some of you who live close by and have had similar experiences. I am in Burlington County.
jend01

Re : Support group

Postby kara » Fri Aug 14, 2009 03:00 pm

Jennifer,

We have a successful group in Wisconsin made up of other PF members. We have a great time and get together a couple times a year. Sometimes we discuss PF business (like doing fundraisers and awareness events, bake sales, planning a walk, and the brochure campaign), but other times we just get together and go to the zoo, etc.

I can provide you some ideas as well to get the group started. Hopefully others will want to join in!

kara.boeldt@preeclampsia.org
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Fri Aug 14, 2009 04:33 pm

Hi Jennifer, There are some wonderful members in the PA and NJ area - so hopefully they will see your post and will share interest in being a part of something new. Kara is a wonderful resource on how to coordinate gatherings and what can be accomplished when people actually come together.....
Since I'm a little more local to you, I could also be helpful in connecting others to you directly when they inquire, and later helping you announce ideas for meet-ups, etc.

P.S. have you seen the post about the hockey event Aug 22/23rd?? Some PA people are coming...if you can join, let me know and we'll coordinate timing.

Dawn D

Postby jend01 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 09:03 am

Kara, Thanks for the help, Here is my e-mail (McWilliamsJen@hotmail.com) If I get any interest I will definitely ask you for some help in getting started.

Dawn, I did not see anything about a hockey event. I will look for it today and see if I can make it. My husband is a volunteer fire fighter and I think that they have something going on that weekend I'm not sure which day though. Thank you for your help too, hopefully somthing can be pout together.
jend01

Postby jenniferf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 08:55 pm

Hi Jennifer,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Chester County Pa-outside of Philadelphia, so I'm somewhat local. I posted under the tournament thread but thought I would here also. I will be attending the hockey tournament this weekend on Saturday for the 12:15 game. If you’re able to make, let me know so we came meet up.
jenniferf

Return to New Jersey