Hockey Tourn with benefit to PF

Hockey Tourn with benefit to PF

Postby Dawn D » Wed Aug 12, 2009 00:18 am

"Checking for Charity"
Hockey Tournament
August 22 and 23
Flyers Skate Zone
Voorhees, New Jersey

An organization of adult hockey players (“Checking for Charity”) is hosting a local hockey tournament! Ed Gorleski is part of the team representing the Preeclampsia Foundation. He is playing in memory of his daughter who was born and passed in April related to his wife’s experience with HELLP Syndrome.

All of the money raised through team entrance fees, sales during the tournament and from other donations are going into a single pot of money. The winner of the tournament gets the biggest cut of money donated to their charity, but all of the charities represented will receive funds from the pot according to their team's final placement.

I'll be going...and would love to meet up with any local members. If you live in the area, stop by the Flyers Skate Zone and watch the “Hawks” play for the Preeclampsia Foundation. Visit our info table where awareness materials will be on hand and additional donations will be collected.

Special thanks to Ed, his wife, Checking for Charity, and the players and donors participating is the event!
We will post results following the tourney.

Dawn D

Re : Hockey Tourn with benefit to PF

Postby jend01 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 01:02 pm

Dawn, do you know what time they will be starting on each day? I live in the area and would like to try to make it.
jend01

Postby Dawn D » Wed Aug 19, 2009 04:53 pm

Hey Jen (and anyone else interested),

The tournament starts at 7pm on Friday, and 7 am on Saturday and Sunday. The Hawks (playing for Preeclampsia Foundation) are scheduled to play at 9:00, 12:15 and 7:15 on Saturday. Playoffs start around 10 on Sunday and the Championship game is right after the ceremony.

I will definately be there on Sunday...not sure yet, what time I can be there on Sat. But let me know your plan so we can meet if we are there at same time:-) thanks for trying to make it.
Dawn D

Postby jenniferf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 08:32 pm

Hi Jen and Dawn,
Just wanted to let you know that I will be attending on Sat. I plan on being there for the 12:15 game. Hope to see you there.
jenniferf

Postby jend01 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:27 am

I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to make it. My town has an anual car show that got canceled Saturday due to rain and now they are having it today (Sunday). My husband is a fire fighter and is required to be there so my son and I will be spending the day walking around town and at the firehouse. A fun day, but I will miss getting to meet some great people.
jend01

Postby Dawn D » Fri Sep 11, 2009 01:10 pm

report on event:

http://preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36136
Dawn D

Return to New Jersey