Weight loss buddies - week 6

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Weight loss buddies - week 6

Postby jend01 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 08:40 am

Ok here we are in week 6!!

Starting weight: 203
Current weight: 203
Goal weight: 160
Short term goal: 198
Height: 5'2"
Strategy: time for a new strategy because I can not seem to get myself motivated!! I posted a weight loss challenge to all of my facebook friends and family (that live close by) We are each going to put $5 in and the person who loses the most weight at the end of the 12 weeks wins!! I plan to get up an hour earlier every day and doing my work - out in the morning. That seems to be the only time that I would even be able to get any time for myself!

I wish there was a way to keep it fair for everyone so that I could include my friends and family that don't live close by as well. Even though $5 isn't much when it comes to cash prizes I really want to make sure it is fair for everyone.
jend01

Re : Weight loss buddies - week 6

Postby tree » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 am

Starting weight: 162
Current weight: 162 +2 this week
Short Term Goal: 150
Goal: 135 lbs
Height: 5'6

I actually got three runs, a hike, and a yoga class in this week, and I gained. I know that it is normal for me to gain a little when I first start back to exercising, but it is frustrating. Really frustrating... I need to stick to my "no seconds" rule and say no to evil hubby's nachos. I hate that he can eat bad things and lose weight if he is working out. I will trooper on this week with a run today (or at least a good hike if I can't actually run with the jogger), bike to work tomorrow, run on Thursday and a run on Saturday. I need to fit some pilates in there too somehow. Onward, with more fruit this time.
Jen - I like the cash pot. My Dad used to do that with his best friend from work, and they would lose a ton of weight that way. It works until you decide to use the pot to take everyone out for all you can eat dinner, which was usually their downfall. Good luck with your morning workouts. I used to do that and it really really helps to have a workout buddy. It can even be someone you have to call if you can't do it in person. Positive peer pressure can be a very good thing.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby jend01 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 01:06 pm

I used to have a few girls that I would work out with before I was pregnant. Now they have moved and we can't really get to gether anymore. I can barely get my DH out of bed by 7:30 for work, so I know he is out for 5:30 am workouts. Perhaps when I get myself back into shape enough to jog, I can take our dog out in the mornings :)
jend01

Postby kellikbock » Tue Jun 22, 2010 04:26 pm

Starting : 208 Current: 202 Goal: 175 So, I'm working out at least an hour a day & am now keeping a food journal to count calories. I'm going on vacation soon & when I get back I'm considering doing a soup diet to jump start a larger weight loss......
kellikbock

Return to Misc