Just sad seeing other women pregnant

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Just sad seeing other women pregnant

Postby riehlism » Fri Jul 16, 2010 06:15 pm

It's unfair. It also seems like babies and pregnant women are everywhere. I know it's just that we are more sensitive to it, but rationalizing that doesn't make it easier.

And Angie, I had a co-worker who was 3 weeks ahead of me as well. Three weeks after my son died she sent me a message asking how I was AND complained how much it sucks she failed her gestational diabetes test by 3 points. And then she wanted to know if I wanted to join her for walks while she was on maternity leave. Her and her big pregnant belly. Bitter, I know, but I just had to say it.

quote:
Originally posted by angieb

I know. I work with someone who is due in Feb. I was due in January. It sucks, bigtime! Today she actually whined to me that she was tired and sick of going to the doctor. It took a lot of restraint not to smack her.

riehlism

Re : Just sad seeing other women pregnant

Postby leeann34 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Well, my co-worker who announced her pregnancy shortly after I lost Olivia had her baby several weeks ago. She is my age and it is her first baby also. I am happy for her, but sad at the same time. I keep thinking that I should have my baby too. The feelings of sadness and yes...even jealousy are hard to ignore and deal with at times. She is at home cuddling, hugging and kissing her baby. I had to bury mine. I guess I am more melancholy over the last several weeks because September 1 will a year since I lost my baby girl. If only she were alive and well how happy I would be.
leeann34

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss