My Preemie got her Swine Flu shot today

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : My Preemie got her Swine Flu shot today

Postby jend01 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 08:38 am

I am waiting for Eian's Doctors to get the vaccine in. My husband is a fire fighter so he will be getting his tonight and I work in healthcare and got mine yesterday. Of course I would have much rather have had my son get it. I thought that pediatricians would be the first to get the vaccines. I guess I will just keep calling around until they get it.
jend01

Postby alviarin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 03:53 pm

The kids received their H1N1 shot through the county health department. I was watching their website and calling periodically. I was worried about Connor since he also has reactive airway disease, but they were giving the shot out to anyone who was willing to stand in line and wanted one.

My sister who is a doctor working in a children's hospital- and is pregnant- finally received her shot Friday.
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Nov 10, 2009 07:22 pm

The state of Oklahoma had an H1N1 "blitz" this past weekend & all 3 of my girls & me were able to get the shot - and for FREE even!! They will most likely have another one in a month for the 2nd dose the kids need.
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 09:51 pm

I just want to chime in with the comment that H1N1? DO NOT WANT.

I got it three weeks ago. I'm still sick. Spiked a fever, chills, nasty residual cough and stomach issues.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies