Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Low growth percentiles for PIH babies?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Low growth percentiles for PIH babies?

Postby lizziesmommy2009 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 08:30 pm

Thanks for your replies!
lizziesmommy2009

Postby lizziesmommy2009 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 01:01 pm

Hi all, Just wanted to post an update.

Our daughter is now 13 months old. She is still small (weight) for her age, but very healthy and feisty!

At 13 months she weighs just 20 pounds but her head size is 75th percentile and her height is 50th percentile. Compared to our friends children of similar ages she is the tinies one. Our friend even has a 6 month old that weighs the same as her! Crazy!

Anyway, it's been a great year and we're thinking about trying for a second child in the near future.
lizziesmommy2009

Postby milesymommy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 02:49 pm

Thanks for the update! My second son is just a little younger than your daughter. I did not have PE with him, and he was born larger - 7lbs 16 oz - but he's not even 20 pounds yet at 12 months! lol I worry about the lack of weight gain, but that's what us moms do... His cousin is 26 pounds at 8 months!
milesymommy

Postby sckitzo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 03:39 pm

My daughter was born at 3pounds 3 ounces at 33 weeks, and was 16 pounds at one year. She has always been between the 3 and 5 percentile on the charts. It has been a battle trying to keep weight on her. But I think it is more genetics then anything with her. Her dad is 6'3 and 165 pounds, and I am 5'2 and 105. So we are both naturally very skinny. But I am very proud to say that at the start of kindergarten their was one girl shorter then Brianna, but I am sure she still weighed quite a bit more. For her school physical this fall my 5 1/2 year old hit 31 pounds for the first time. She is finally wearing 4-5t. But this is for the length only. As long as she is growing evenly then I doubt there is anything to worry about. Like if the height, weight and head stay with in the same curve, and she doesn't and any extended periods of no growth, and stays somewhat is the same percentages then everything is probably fine.
sckitzo

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....