Plagiocephaly Diagnsois :(

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Plagiocephaly Diagnsois :(

Postby kdreher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 am

I am pretty sure that the place in NJ you are referring to dara is the place I went to in CT. They don't particiapte with BCBS but...the new place we went to does and I'm so thrilled to say that they WILL cover it at 70%, so we pay $750 out of pocket.

Trish..I was ready to fight this if denied.
kdreher

Postby darateacher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 am

Kdreher- The place in NJ is (my guess) the same place I go to in IL...they do take BCBS 'cuz that's the only kind of insurance we have. :-) I'm glad that you're getting good coverage. Those DOC bands cost mega-moolah!!!!
darateacher

Postby holiday » Mon Sep 28, 2009 02:25 pm

we are dealing with same thing. right even down to the neck issues
holiday

Postby kdreher » Sat Oct 10, 2009 05:12 pm

dara, not sure how it works but I have Federal BCBS and the first place we went to does not participate. The place we are with now does and in the past year BCBS has denied every claim they had filed...but due to my Federal BCBS they have exceptions and I met them so I pay $750 out of pocket. Michael's helmet will be here this Thursday so we are looking forward to this. Interesting as the second place did not specificy any PT needed for any neck muscle issues. IMO he's fine just needs to fix the flat spot.
kdreher

Postby myangel » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:21 am

So sorry to hear about the diagnosis {{{HUGS}}}. I know how you are feeling right now. My preemie little boy was diagnosed with mild/moderate plagiocephaly at 4 months (real age). We did PT with him every day for about 6 months at home and practiced repositioning. After that diagnosis he was only ever flat on his back during diaper changes. The repo really worked for him. He is now 11 months old (real age) and it is not noticeable at all. I know the struggles and feelings you are dealing with right now, just know that you are making the decision that is right for your little one and your family and it will all be better soon. The others are correct. Seeing your son in the DOC band is harder on the parents than it is the child.
Cheers,
myangel

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies