UPDATE on Appointment

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

UPDATE on Appointment

Postby l412angel » Wed May 05, 2010 02:22 pm

Now we play the waiting game! I had my final follow up with the Cardiologist (Dr. C) today. It went great! My BP was 94/70 and pulse 88. Let me add quickly that I hate it when nurses take it on the right side and put your arm lower. I always seem to get higher readings that way. This nurse took it left arm and held it above my heart. I like when stuff is done right.! So all the tests came back 100% normal! I have a natural higher heart rate but thats ok and no worries.

Dr. C also told me to stop taking my cholesterol medication! I will be TTC in June and he said to stop it and not to worry about my cholesterol for the time being. Basically the whole year I am off of it in the grand scheme of things, does not effect me.

Dr. C said he would not be testing my cholesterol while pregnant nor would be put me on any type of medication and that includes Niacin. I trust him...after all he does specialize in cholesterol!

So just a little bit on fish oil. It seems to be contraversiaol during pregnancy if you have had or are at risk for getting Preeclampsia. Dr. C said that not to take it, of course he said to discuss this with my MFM which I will. Basically a lot of vitamins have a lot of fillers in them, which is basically nothing, so you can ACTUALLY get a perscription for fish oil. So I will take all that up with my MFM.

So what am I waiting for? Well had testing today to make sure my Vit D is back to normal as my as my thyroid and urine. Fingers crossed!!! Looks like we will be TTC in JUNE! ahhhhhhhh! Im way more excited than I am nervous and I know that I have a fabulous Interal Medicine Doc, MFM, OB and Cardiologist if I need one!

BTW cardiologist recommended the BP cuff...its said to be the best. Omron Women's Advanced Ellite 7300W. I have a wrist cuff and was advised that the wrist ones are a no no and the best ones are the actual cuff ones! So that is my next purchase!
l412angel

Re : UPDATE on Appointment

Postby sonja » Wed May 05, 2010 05:20 pm

I am so glad that you appointment went so well.

June is almost here!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Wed May 05, 2010 09:38 pm

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on such good results and good news! This is very exciting.

My MFM said no problem to fish oil, but I should order a German brand as they get approved by an authority (the equivalent to the FDA) and are therefore safer, whereas the American brands do not go through the FDA.
Thank you for also sharing the information about the BP monitor, now I know what to get!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the still missing results om Vit D, and your thyroid and urine.

June is around the corner!
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby l412angel » Wed May 05, 2010 09:39 pm

l412angel

Postby anonpreemiemom » Wed May 05, 2010 11:35 pm

I'm excited for you and have a really good feeling about next time!
anonpreemiemom

Postby l412angel » Wed May 05, 2010 11:36 pm

OoOo im glad you have a good feeling!
l412angel

Return to Misc