How is your c-section scar?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mom2tori

Re : How is your c-section scar?

Postby mom2tori » Thu Jul 21, 2005 07:44 am

I am very critical of myself and my body and I think it looks icky. I had staples the first time around and then dissolving stitches with Victoria and I just think that the scar looks icky. Not really red and puffy just noticeable and gross looking-don't get me wrong it is straight and all that it just looks icky, for lack of better word.

sjs40

Postby sjs40 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 03:20 am

I had stitches with mine, and although I normally get bad scars the c-section one is just a fine pink line.

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:22 pm

sorry to say my csec scar is horrendous, red and bumpy and you can see where each and every staple was! Hopefully my peri can clean it up with this next csec!

princess purr

Postby princess purr » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:20 pm

I had dissovable stitches, not staples, doc said he doesn't like using staples. The stitches were find except that one small part where they popped, but I think that was from me doing to much.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:00 pm

I'd say it's down to the Dr. After my second section, my scar was horrid - bumpy and red. This time, my OB cleared out all the old scar tissue - and was outraged that Dr number 2 had made a separate incision, which is why things looked so nasty. Now I have a faint very thin pink line.

I'd also insist on dissolvable stitches, not staples.

princess purr

How is your c-section scar?

Postby princess purr » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:31 pm

I was just looking at mine, and I swear...I can hardley see it. That doc wasn't joking when he said he did a really good job and I would be happy with the scar, I was thinking how am I going to be happy with an scar, but it is not bad. I have the bikini one (not that my chuncky butt would ever be caught in a bikini) on the outside (classical on the inside) I have a small scar where I broke the stiches but the back that stayed closed too you can't even see.

I was wondering if I just got VERY lucky or if they normal are not noticable (always thinking about pregnancy number 2...)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”