new guy

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : new guy

Postby kallynsmom » Mon May 03, 2010 03:13 pm

Hi Daniel,
I wanted to say welcome as well.
And let you know that you are among many people that want to help you, your wife and beautiful son in any way possible.
Any questions, and time, just ask. If its something you really need to talk about, send an email. I'm always here!

God Bless ((HUGS))
kallynsmom

Re : new guy

Postby sam10 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Congratulations on your son Daniel!

I am glad to hear your wife is already home and feeling ok. Hopefully, she'll recover quickly. I was off my medications 3 weeks post-partum.

The NICU experience is unique, and can be very emotional, tiring, trying, but has also its own beautiful moments.

Daniel seems to be doing good, "stable" is what the nurses at our NICU called it. Me and my husband enjoyed every moment we spent with Henry and these were very special. Soon enough you'll learn to take his temperature, you will be shown how to change his diapers. If the nurses won't offer this, ask them! Also, take many pictures and ask for one extra diaper or pacifier to bring home, which you can add to your scrapbook or album. But perhaps you are already doing all of this.

Let us know how things are going.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Dads