Volunteer Corner

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Volunteer Corner

Postby blznbec » Tue Oct 05, 2010 08:31 pm

Coordinators - Need a local area walk volunteer?
Post your site location and what you need here.

Volunteers - Are you interested in becoming a volunteer for a Promise Walk?
Post your city location here and we can put you in contact with a walk coordinator in your area.

To participate as a Volunteer for the Promise Walk or the Foundation- complete the Foundation Volunteer Application and Code of Conduct here: http://www.preeclampsia.org/other.asp

Where can you find volunteers?

Local middle or high schools and colleges, girl and boy scouts, church organizations, Mommy groups, on this site! post in state PF forums, volunteer section of craigslist, Facebook...the list is endless!

Local companies are generally willing to sponsor stations along the route of the walk where company employees can volunteer to man these stations to hand out drinks and snacks.

KOHL's Associates in Action and they donate $500 to your walk if Associates volunteer
http://www.kohlscorporation.com/CommunityRelations/Community04D.htm

Coordinators Organize your volunteers here

http://www.mysignup.com/
blznbec

Re : Volunteer Corner

Postby anonpreemiemom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Do you live in Northern California and want to get involved in a Promise Walk? I'm planning to coordinate the first walk for Northern California to be held in San Jose, in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping organize this event or would like to sign up as a walker. Let's make our first event up here a great one!

Tiffany
Last edited by anonpreemiemom on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonpreemiemom

Postby lparke » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey Tiffany!
It's Leanne, PW coordinator in Raleigh. Just wanted to let you know that I've been out here in Carolina for just a few years, but before that I lived and worked for quite some time in the bay area. I do anesthesia, and still have a few good connections out there at ******* University Hospital, and ****. I also have a few friends who would be happy to support you and your walk, and maybe even help with the walk planning.
I'll send them your info to get in touch.
Please get up with me if I can help you at all with sponsorships in Palo Alto.
Good luck with your walk!
What site are you using?
lparke

Postby kara » Wed Oct 13, 2010 01:02 am

Hey WC,
Just a reminder that we can't post doctor or hospital names on the forums, as it gets mucky with our not for profit status. Please, do email each other through your profile's to exchange information. It's so exciting that you guys are networking and helping each other out. Volunteerism at it's finest.
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia