Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Anyone with babies who developed Hemangiomas?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Anyone with babies who developed Hemangiomas?

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 04:17 pm

by jenmatt1 (566 Posts), Mon Jun 14, 2010 04:17 pm

my daughter had a little superficial one on her forehead. Now at 2 you can only see it when she is mad or upset and it gets red. otherwise, it just blends in with the skin. I remember the pediatrician in the hospital mentioning it in the hospital and to be honest I just looked at her like she was crazy. Because I was just happy we were all alive and healthy and everything was ok- I could have cared less that she had a strawberry at that point- she was perfect to me. But definitely an interesting thought about a possible connection.
jenmatt1

Postby ozierja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 am

by ozierja (584 Posts), Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 am

My daughter had one on her back it is gone except for a scar about the size of a dime. We named it "Chuck" after Chuck Mangioni :)
ozierja

Postby lauchlan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

by lauchlan (281 Posts), Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

My daughter had a giant one that grew on the back of her head (about the size of my fist). After 18 months of steroid treatments to stunt it's growth (and hers), we were able to get it removed via plastic surgery on her 2nd birthday. I never got a clear answer regarding if it was related to Preeclampsia, but the dermatologist we saw said that 1:10 preemies get them compared to 1:25 of full term babies. He said it has something to do with the placenta, but I didn't understand the connection.
lauchlan

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies