Friends are now pregnant

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Friends are now pregnant

Postby jean » Sat May 08, 2010 02:06 pm

I just found out and am crying..I hope the best for them. But it's so unfair. Why couldn't we have had a living baby? Just one! That's all we were asking for. Why did we have to lose him? And we thought he was ok...for 2 weeks everything was ok..and then he got nec..

I am a mess. This is so unfair.
jean

Re : Friends are now pregnant

Postby rosemary » Sat May 08, 2010 09:16 pm

Jean, I wish I had an answer that would make you feel better. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this...you are in my thoughts.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:14 pm

I am so sorry.

I have lit a candle tonight, also in memory of your little one.
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby love_the_daschies » Sun May 09, 2010 12:14 am

Jean,

It is always so hard to be so reminded of your loss when you see others get what you wanted. Of course you wish the best for them, but you also wish you had your boy. I am so very sorry you are hurting. Your right - it's just not fair at all
love_the_daschies

Postby annes » Sun May 09, 2010 04:48 pm

HUGS. I wish the best for them, and the best for you, take care of yourself.
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby riehlism » Thu Jul 15, 2010 06:02 pm

Friends, co-workers...it feels like babies and bellies abound at the worst time. I am still trying to process this myself. It is unfair. I feel like we were robbed of the opportunity. You look at the others and think how good they have it. You can see strangers complaining about how much their babies cry and all you think about is how much you wish you had that "problem." It's only been a month and a half, and the wounds are still fresh. I wonder when the harshness of it all will be lessened. I am sorry that we have to experience any of this.
riehlism

Postby jean » Sat Aug 07, 2010 01:59 am

How long does it take for people to feel comfortable again around other people w/their babies? My SIL is now pg too...and I feel like a jerk because I don't want to be around any of it. I'm not trying to be a jerk..it's just too hard for me. Even though it's been almost 6 months...and I don't know how it will ever get any easier. :~(
jean

Postby frogibe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 06:41 pm

Jean

I'm so sorry that you lost your little one to NEC....I lost Kelsie to that too after having her here with us for 5 weeks....It has been almost 6 months after saying goodbye to our little girl and I still have a difficult time around babies and pregnant women. To add to my sister in law is TTC too and I had her ask me to take her to the doctor...I did go but it was one of the hardest things for me to do...I still want to support her though.

I think all in all I have PTSD and the anxiety seems worse around babies than pregnant women. I still have flashbacks of the doctors attempting to resesitate my daughter. I think that the anxiety has gotten better....all in due time we will feel better...but will be forever changed!
frogibe

Postby annes » Tue Aug 10, 2010 09:34 am

I think that it is totally different for different people. Six months is not very long in the grand scheme of things, although this 6 months has probably feels like much longer to you, I know it did for me. When I had to be around pregnant people/babies, I just kept reminding myself that this baby has nothing to do with me or my lost baby and I do not want my friends/family or anyone else for that matter, to be what I have been through, that helped me get through those moments. It does get easier with time. take care of yourself.
annes
Forum Moderator

Return to Grief and Loss