Phantom Kicks

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Phantom Kicks

Postby riehlism » Thu Aug 05, 2010 08:26 pm

It's been two months since I lost my son. Today I started feeling phantom kicks. I should still be pregnant and I'm just feeling sad and cheated right now.

A friend of mine gave birth this morning. It's a tough day.
riehlism

Re : Phantom Kicks

Postby frogibe » Thu Aug 05, 2010 08:51 pm

I'm so sorry...It is so hard to get close to your due date. Just know we are all thinking of you and we are still here staying positive just like you will too! I remember feeling phantom kicks too and it felt like a terrible trick to play on someone who is grieving over such a loss. You will get through this ;0) Stay strong! ;0)
frogibe

Postby leeann34 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:15 pm

Oh my goodness, I thought I was going crazy when I experienced the same thing several months after loosing my daughter. It will be a year this September. I remember when I felt them I just stopped in my tracks and started crying. I still should have been pregnant with her when I felt them. I didn't know if anyone else had experienced that before. Good to know someone else has also!
leeann34

Postby kerisue » Fri Aug 06, 2010 00:38 am

I should still be pregnant too Jasmin. :( I feel cheated about missing out on the rest of my pregnancy (and about so many millions of other things of course). I was feeling some phantom kicks yesterday and thought "I better not post about that on the PE forum or they'll think I'm kee-razy!" Glad to know I'm not!
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby riehlism » Sat Aug 07, 2010 01:03 am

The kicking is such an intimate thing we share with out babies. It's hard, to say the least. Today is a better day. But I really do wish I was still pregnant. He was special. They all were.
riehlism

Postby jamilyn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:47 am

So sorry to hear. That is a very rough day. I went thru the same things with my very close friends having babies very close to me delivering and during my original due date (i delivered 15 weeks early). I felt phantom kicks for close to 5 months or even longer. At 1st they worried me and got me very sad, then I started thinking of them as my Angels way of telling me he was still there with me and was protecting me.
jamilyn

Return to Grief and Loss