ugh...

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

ugh...

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 09:43 pm

ok so i have noticed that when im working or up and about doing a lot of stuff i have a spike of my bp...is this normal? when i rest it goes right back down but im still worried...i dont kno this whole thing freaks me out...im so young and i dont want to deal with this forever....ugh! y dont people tell you that all this stuff can happen from pregnancy...i see these other people walking around with their babies and i just think to myslef i wish i could just be normal like most of these other people.... :(
cosmogirl4056

Re : ugh...

Postby mnmom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 06:30 am

Your bp can and will change throughout the day. I guess it kind of depends on how high the spikes are. My bp's really didn't "even" out until about three months after delivery. But they are fine now, with no meds.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby brandib » Wed Jun 02, 2010 01:03 pm

My BP spikes if I sneeze lol. Okay not really, that was a joke, but seriously, if I'm walking up the steps doing laundry or just haven't sat down in a while, my BP spikes. It stays higher anyways, but if I'm too active it goes toooo high. The other night I was cleaning up the house and my head was hurting worse and worse and I didn't want to be "paranoid" so I didn't stop to take my pressure, but finally I had to sit down. So I sat down for about fifteen minutes and took my BP.....surprise surprise it was 150/114. Thats still on 400mg twice a day of Labetelol.

I'm young too (25) and I understand how you feel. I feel like I have the body of a 65yr old woman! I want my healthy vascular system back *sigh*!! With this last pregnancy I six other friends pregnant with me. One went past her due date with a BEAUTIFUL problems free pregnancy and delivery. Another went naturally with a problem free pregnancy at 38.5weeks, another went past her due date and other than having a hard time pushing her little girl out, she had a beautiful problems free pregnancy. Another 39 weeks right now with a beautiful pregnancy, another was just induced past her due date with her third child in three years and all beautiful full term pregnancies, BUT-----in December, my very close friend lost her son at 34 weeks to preeclampsia. She had to deliver him and he was only 2lbs 10oz. I know how it feels to YEARN for a normal problem free healthy pregnancy and to not have the whole hospital in the room with you when you deliver and not deal with the Nicu and high risk teams, BUT----I thank God that at least I have my baby here with me and she's healthy now. Soooooo many women have lost their children and their own lives to PE and me and my friend each had miscarriages at the same time and got pregnant again at the same time and now I'm holding my baby and she only has Jacobs hand and a feet prints a few pictures.

It's hard though I know. It makes you wonder if you should really take a chance again and try for another child or just be happy with what you have. You know what, at least we all have each other and this wonderful website to help us all cope with what we've all been through. I know that once you've been touched by Pe----you're never the same.
brandib

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 06:52 pm

ugh i had acouple spikes that were like 160/100 and it FREAKEDme out BUT thats not the first time it happened....to me its almost like my body istrying to adjust maybe? cuz i cansit down and rest and it will belike120'2/70's sumtimes lower....is this normal?
cosmogirl4056

Postby brandib » Wed Jun 02, 2010 07:46 pm

I think some spikes are normal and its really good that it goes back down when you rest.
brandib

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 pm

yeathats whatmost people say.....brandi i kno someone whosebp ishigh due to hormones....she has pcos...my dr toldme the bp issuesafter pregnancy couldbe purely hormonal....it takes a while for our hormones to get back....maybe that could have an impact on yours? there is sumthing in your kidneys that controls or something like that....im not quite sure of all the specificsbut maybeit could be causing yours?
cosmogirl4056

Return to After your baby is born .....